HDMI output only outputs certain audio (not for Youtube, Hulu, but does for Netflix)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Exitium, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Exitium, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012

Exitium macrumors newbie

**RESOLVED: Mods can delete this; problem was using Chrome browser**

Hey guys, it's my first post here and I'm hoping you can help solve my issues. I tried looking up previous HDMI threads but I still can't seem to find a solution.

So I've hooked up my mid-2010 MBP to my Sony Bravia TV using this adaptor, went to the Sound Output and selected SONY TV, [​IMG]
    and then tried to play a youtube video. However, no sound came out of my TV speakers to my dismay.

While searching for solutions with command+f, I heard the error noise (that happens when there's no find) blast out of my TV speakers to my surprise. I then found that my audio files on iTunes and Spotify also could be heard through my TV speakers. Unfortunately, youtube videos (along with Hulu) still do not play sound out of my TV speakers.

Netflix, strangely, does has audio coming out of the TV speakers (it must be because it uses Silverlight in conjunction with the browser whereas Hulu/Youtube is browser only?).

Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Additional Info:
    Mac OS X 10.6.8
    Processor: 2.53 Ghz Intel
    Memory: 8 GB 1067 MHz
    Audio Built In includes HDMI / DisplayPort Output.

2. Livewings macrumors regular

You must be using Chrome. Switch the browser to Safari.
    I had the same problem except its on Windows.

Clue: The problem lies in Flash plugin integrated on Chrome.

What you can do is install the Flash Plugin for Firefox
    Then go to chrome://plugins

Disable the integrated plugin and enable the one you just installed.

3. Exitium thread starter macrumors newbie

RESOLVED: I'm such an idiot.

Yeaaaap. I was using Chrome. Works fine on Safari. Thanks a ton, Livewings. Should've tried different browsers before posting.