He is Risen - Easter 2010

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IntheNet, Apr 4, 2010.

1. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

[​IMG]

But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared. And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were perplexed about this, behold, two men suddenly stood near them in dazzling clothing; and as the women were terrified and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, “Why do you seek the living One among the dead?"

“He is not here, but He has risen Remember how He spoke to you while He was still in Galilee, saying that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.”

And they remembered His words, and returned from the tomb and reported all these things to the eleven and to all the rest.

Now they were Mary Magdalene and Joanna and Mary the mother of James; also the other women with them were telling these things to the apostles. But these words appeared to them as nonsense, and they would not believe them. But Peter got up and ran to the tomb; stooping and looking in, he saw the linen wrappings only; and he went away to his home, marveling at what had happened.
    Luke 24

Happy Easter to all members of PRSI; may the Risen Christ bless you and your family this day.

2. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

Its posts like this that make me think ITN is for real and then....

I become really, really, really scared for humanity.

3. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Here's hoping that the utter utter bastard Eugene Terreblanche doesn't come back from the dead on Monday.

(a good time to remember today is the 94th anniversary of the real Easter rising)

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

It's Zombie Jesus Day! Lets eat chocolate bunnies and hide colored eggs in the yard!

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Thanks, but I'll pass.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

He is risen indeed. Thanks, and may you and your family have a blessed day.

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Heh, me too. I don't want some zombie blessing me. We should do what we would do to other zombies and hit him in the head until he's dead.

8. Disc Golfer macrumors 6502a

Easter is so Metal

[​IMG]

Coincidence that these two zombies so closely resemble one another? I think not..
    [​IMG]

9. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

10. djellison macrumors 68020

I wonder if Jesus would have been a flaming forum troll?

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Pretty sure we call them African-American eggs now. :D

I'd wager Jesus was flaming. :D

12. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I wasn't going to post anything in this thread, because if someone wants to believe, I feel it ain't up to me to wet on their parade. Seems to me this topic is pretty much a greeting for believers, not a debate on the existence of Jesus.

So while I share some of the sentiments of those who replied to ItN's original post...let's lighten up, huh? You don't want to accept his good wishes, then just don't respond.

This is the holiest of days for people of faith. Mockery does not become us.

I do love Rt&Dzine's picture, though. :p

13. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

It is a festival far older than Christianity which has been commandeered for propaganda reasons. The eggs and bunnies were too powerful to succumb.

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Thanks Thomas.

15. Blaine macrumors 6502a

Blaine

Happy Easter to everyone, and especially to Jesus!!!
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

16. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

Ditto! Happy Easter.

17. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Although Mean Earrach is a purely solar calculation whereas "Easter" is a weird solar/lunar hybrid. No doubt the name and festival were co-opted by the church, just like "Christmas", because those pagans were just having too damn much fun.

But at least jesus was able to get it up, and now the faithful are just waiting for him to come again.

18. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

I can give props to Jesus, assuming he did indeed exist and actually did return from the dead as stated in the Gospels, to be the only guy in the history of Western civilization to come back from the dead and not to scare the bejeezus :)D) out of everybody. Nobody throwing salt at him, nobody trying to cut off his head, not so much as an attempted heart-staking. They can eat with him and everything. Now there's a miracle.

In any case, everybody enjoy your Spring Festival Day. Peace.

19. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Finnaly a post that INT and i can agree with :D

20. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Second guy. Don't forget Lazarus.

21. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

I hereby declare that I'm the new son of god; everyone may now begin worshiping me.

22. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Which one?

23. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Jagannatha would be a good choice.

24. TechieJustin macrumors 6502

TechieJustin

Religion is bad! Blah blah!
    My dad beat my ass when I was a kid to I hate the Catholic Church, blah blah!
    Death to religion!

Atheism is the only true path to peace.

25. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

No, putting compassion and caring for other humans over which way you believe or don't believe in a god is the only true path to peace. Anyone that is too caught up in their own ideology, be it Christianity, Islam, or atheism, aren't usually apt to put a caring and compassionate attitude towards those different then them into practice. But whatever, this is just my opinion.

Happy Easter to those who celebrate it. I'm ready to eat some awesome ham in a few hours!