He Just Cannot Stop Lying

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by RootBeerMan, Aug 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. RootBeerMan macrumors 6502

RootBeerMan

WTF is wrong with Trump? He just cannot stop lying. He lies about everything and has to know he's going to get caught out. He just doesn't care. He's pathological about it. Recently, he's lied about the Boy Scouts calling him, he's lied about consulting "his generals" on the trans issue, and now he's lied about the president of Mexico calling him to compliment him on his dumbass immigration policy. Will the lies ever stop?

http://thehill.com/latino/344951-me...called-trump-to-compliment-immigration-policy

2. samcraig macrumors P6

I've said this before. He's pathological. But I honestly think he just creates his own reality and expects everyone to just believe whatever he says. Meaning - I don't think he lies (all the time) because he's trying to deceive. I think he has no filter and no control over what he says and throughout his career in business, being wealthy, few to no one questioned the emperor with no clothes.

3. niploteksi macrumors regular

So hard to get it straight with all that negative press covfefe!

4. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Made him millions over the years, won him the white house, his colleagues in Washington are too timid to call him out, his supporters won't abandon him. Until one of his lies has an actual adverse reaction to him directly, I don't see him changing.

5. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Then again, maybe he's just nuts.

6. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Keep your doctor, keep your plan...Read my lips, no new taxes...I did not have sexual relations with that woman.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

Trying to normalize the liar in chief but using a couple of examples when Trump lies daily?

LOL

8. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Other Presidents are better at hiding it.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

It's more than that.

10. SoggyCheese macrumors regular

SoggyCheese

Maybe UK, Maybe Spain, maybe even elsewhere
    This. He constructs his own planet Earth and lives on it.

11. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

wow exactly the same. except trump les about his lies he lies and then denies he lies then admit he lies. there are politicians that lie but trump he lies when the truth would help him. he lies about almost everything.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 2, 2017 ---
    I think he is wait out of this galaxy.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 2, 2017 ---
    no trump just lies because he can. he does not even benefit from the lies his lies are so obvious my dog howls every time trump talks. he is the biggest greatest Liar that has ever held office I think. I hear he may actually get a world record on lying.

12. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

The lies hurt those Presidents, some more then others. Trump has the most and best lies of them all.

13. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Ummm..This part caught my eye :

“Even the president of Mexico called me," Trump said at a Cabinet meeting. "They said their southern border, very few people are coming because they know they’re not going to get through our border, which is the ultimate compliment.”

If thats true why would the US government waste billions on a wall ?

14. appleisking macrumors 6502a

False equivalences. The only real lie there was Clinton's. The other two were promises those presides intended on keeping. Trump on the other hand lies and knows he's lying. He's intentionally deceiving. Yes all politicians are liars but trump is even worse.

15. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The boys scouts are also denying that Trump called their leader.

16. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

You mean the other way round right?

17. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The Boy Scouts are denying a claim by President Donald Trump that the head of the youth organization called the president to praise his politically aggressive speech to the Scouts' national jamboree.

Trump told The Wall Street Journal, "I got a call from the head of the Boy Scouts saying it was the greatest speech that was ever made to them, and they were very thankful." Politico published the transcript of the interview.

So ya, they are denying their leader called Trump.

18. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Read your original post.

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Ya I know.

20. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Sure, everyone tells the occasional lie here and there, but some lie compulsively or pathologically (like Trump.)

21. iMi macrumors 6502a

iMi

Are you saying Trump is too stupid to hide his lies effectively?

I could not agree more!

22. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

The man lies about such idiotic things, and so blatantly...and he just can't stop himself. They are stupid, easily disproven lies told in the service of feeding his fragile ego. That is just tragically, pathetically sad.

Still, to paraphrase Dr. Sidney Freedman from M*A*S*H, he's a victim too, but he's such an incredible example of walking fertilizer that it's hard for me to care.

You hear him tell these childish lies, and you want once, just once, to hear a member of the White House press corps say to his face:

Excuse me, sir. You do realize that we're standing right here, right? And that we're reporters? And that we have eyes and ears and can see and find out things for ourselves? And that neither we nor the American people are total imbeciles. You do know that, right??​

23. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Your deflection and whataboutism false equivalency is noted. But it doesn't change the fact that we have likely the biggest liar ever to sit in the White House for president. As one TV show said today, we've come along way from Washington and the cherry tree story. And that is truly sad.

Whether you think Hillary was horrible, or think trump has great ideas..or whatever, he and his personality is something that never ever should have been in the White House. He has cheapened the position and the dignity of the country frankly.

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Gee I had put this tweet up someplace else, should have saved it for this thread. The only way for Trump to get his Donalds' Truths out is shout them out or tweet them. Whatever is in some report about a Mexican president denying the truth of a Donald's Truth,,,, that must just be fake news media at it again.

YepThePrezHasTimeForThis.jpg

I laughed so much when I read the part I bolded. I figure the cannon on the village green will fire when Trump tells the truth by mistake sometimes, and that thing hasn't been fired too many times since the Revolution.

25. oldhifi macrumors 6502a

oldhifi

you have been watching too much fake news