Headphone Jack

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vc73287n, Sep 29, 2012.

1. vc73287n macrumors member

vc73287n

I really feel like the new placement of the headphone jack is completely out of place. If I had just 1 major complaint it would be the placement of the headphone jack. I use my right hand when holding my phone. Due to its larger size, it takes some getting used too especially in regards to thinness. My reason for hating the placement is because when I hold my phone in my right hand, it makes it incredibly wierd to support the bottom of my phone with my kinky. It either has to go all the way to the extreme left side (which basically is non-existent with the jack there) or more towards the right side. Walking and listening with headphones is not bad. It is bad for me specifically in the car. It takes some time trying to find the phone itself due to its thinner size and even more harder when I have my aux cable there.

What is everyone else's opinion in regards to the new placement of the jack, specifically when it comes to multitasking with your phone, meaning running, walking, in the car, etc. ?

2. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

The new iPhone 5…It's so thin, you might not even be able to find it.

3. mainomega macrumors 6502

I find myself always putting my phones in upside down in my pocket. I was going to type a whole thing about how I've been used to using it that way and how the headphone plug was always annoying as it would always be bent but short story.... I love the plug being on the bottom! In my old car I had a charger and aux out and it always bothered me because I had cables on both sides, now I only have it on the bottom :)

4. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

It's funny how, in reading different posts, people are really on one side or the other of this issue. Ha ha.

I generally carry my phone is a pouch and I always put it in my pocket with the power button up. So when the jack was on the top, this was very convenient.

The problem I face now is that I have to put the phone into the pouch upside down in order to have access to the jack.

Also, I used to have the phone plugged into a dock and listen to music through the earbuds. This isn't something that can be done now.

Certainly not the end of the world, but my preference was definitely the top.