headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kailibur, Mar 19, 2012.

1. kailibur macrumors member

ok, so i travel alot, and my apple headphones just broke. i was looking to get a better pair, hopefully under 100 bucks, but if neccessary up to 200. any type of headphones or earphones count, so long as they stay under 200 bucks. i need options fairly soon, as a trip was recently planned for april 10th. any ideas?

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I use monster turbines but i don't like the ear tips that come with any in ear phones.

Hence i use comply foam tips t400.

Ultra comfortable and as they are expanding they stay in your ear better.

Downside is they have a life of approx 3 months.

3. SurferMan macrumors 65816

4. PaulyD macrumors 6502

Have to agree with this, used Sennheisers, Super Fi's and Phonaks before but for the money this are right up there. Great to have the inbuilt mic as well

5. twysta macrumors newbie

6. kailibur thread starter macrumors member

so far, you guys have been helpful, actually meeting a need that i forgot to mention about the remote control feature, something that apple earphones have gotten me addicted to. so thanks, and if their are any more ideas out their, please do tell.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Sennheiser anything is going to be the best bang for your buck under $75. If you are wanting to spend a little more, look into Klipsch and Shure.

8. Flamery macrumors newbie

I agree. Sennheiser and Klipsch are your best bets for under 100 bucks, great sound quality without the name brand price.

9. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

I use the radius atomic bass headphones, they're really good and pretty cheap I think they're only $40. They have a lot of bass, if you're into that sort of thing.

10. miragebg macrumors 6502a

Audio Technica ATH M50- no one can beat them at this price- 150$. I am musician and this phones are simply comparable with highest class headphones.

11. imHappy, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012

imHappy macrumors regular

I can't believe no one have mentioned the Shure's 215 SE IEM's.

- Detachable Cord
    - Thick and durable cord(reinforced with kevlar).. The whole IEM is really sturdy unlike the Klipsch s4i which are known for breaking easily in less than a year.
    - REALLY comfortable, in fact I always forget when wearing them. As a matter of fact, as you said that you travel quite a lot, these provides excellent sound isolation.

- Now, most important..SOUND QUALITY. I pretty much agree with what Head-fi reviews says about this excellent IEM's, in summary: balanced sound, smooth bass and great clarity. Check some reviews in Head-fi about this IEM's.

Finally, all this for 100$(you can get it for less). A better deal? Im sure not.

12. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Monster turbine Pro for me!

These are Excellent! Superior sound, but expensive.