Heads up --- att screw up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChrisNYC83, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisNYC83 macrumors newbie

My good friend just texted me informing me ATT messed up his order. He ordered it via ATT around 8am on pre-order day and he just got an email saying WHOOPS-- Sorry... it will be 14-21 days.

I feel bad for him but am glad I stayed up late Thursday night to order mine.

Just wanted to warn others!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

2. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Pretty common being that reports are that the pre-order stock sold out in like an hour. If it went on sale at 12:00 and he ordered it 8 hours later, (even if it were just 5 hours later being that he may be in a different time zone) I would expect it to be a delayed delivery.

I would say that it's safe to assume that if you didn't get your phone ordered in the first couple of hours when pre-orders started, regardless of what your email confirmation says, you are at risk of being bumped.

3. ChrisNYC83 thread starter macrumors newbie

Re: Heads up

From what I read many times APPLE sold out in an hour, and the carriers took longer. Either way.. feel bad for him.

4. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

awesome thread. A real contribution to the community.

5. ChrisNYC83 thread starter macrumors newbie

better than half the crap I have been reading on here all day. Considering he just got the email after it was confirmed I thought it be nice to tell others incase it happens.

6. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

ouch...

while I don't think it was really necessary as a thread, I think the intention was good... It's only wednesday man... if you keep this up, you may not make it until Friday before you boil over.

7. ChrisNYC83 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah cause people speculating on the flight there phones are being shipped on is necessary. Over this.. enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.