Health Awareness

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by nbs2, May 31, 2016.

1. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

As a social topic, rather than political or religious, I just wanted to encourage each of you, and myself, to make sure that you remain aware of your current limitations, and are careful to monitor recovery from health challenges.

Sometimes we forget that not every body it equal and that we need to accept that we have things that we shouldn't do or should do slowly. That can mean accepting that you won't be able to partake in all of the activities you might have when you were more fit.

When exerting yourself, please be especially aware of the climate - including the insidious influence of humidity, even when the weather is otherwise moderate.

For your friends, family, and yourself, please be careful.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

we could make it social and political. you know to keep it in this forum :p

for example.

Liberals, what's the point of denying yourself some simply pleasures in life like chocodiles?
    [​IMG]

or whisky/tequila? do you seriously want to count calories before you eat a meal? aren't your later years the ones that suck anyways? what is the point of life if you can't enjoy it?

3. nbs2, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016

nbs2 thread starter macrumors 68030

nbs2

His image raises an important question. When did "fun" come to mean "pay us more so we can give you less"? Shouldn't sizing be Snack -> Regular -> King -> Fun?

Seriously, though, I would love to hear how the older folks here are able to age gracefully.

This thread came up as the result of a family friend who died yesterday while training for a major backpacking trip. He was a fair bit older than me (his oldest kids are in their mid-30s, which is where I am) with some moderate, but controlled and cleared by his doctor, health issues. Even with the age difference, it has me concerned about my own mortality. I don't know how I'm going to manage when I reach my 60s or so and I start seeing my age bracket makes its downward slide.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

they are like 1/3 the original size, that sucks.

5. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

I don't like the taste of processed food. I don't keep a detailed track of my calories, but i just roughly estimate as I go along my day, it really doesn't take any effort at all.

As for my later years sucking..most likely I guess, but isn't that all the more reason to make those better by eating healthier/exercising when you're younger?

As for drinking...I did in college of course but i stopped pretty much because of alcohols effect on neural plasticity. At this point, I'd rather only drink on super special occasions. Last time was after I finished my last final exam of my college career and got hammered with my roommates/floor mates.

Honestly, this has nothing to do with liberalism as much as my mom (whos a cardiologist) strictly enforcing all this stuff when I was a kid.