Hearing Aid or Earpiece ?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Plutonius, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Is it a hearing aid or earpiece Hillary is wearing in last night's presidential forum ?

I'm all for hearing aids but I would not be happy if this was an earpiece. All candidates should sink or swim on their own ability in forums / debates.

2. citizenzen, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016

citizenzen macrumors 65816

3. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

God, Plutonius. Another low - even for you.

Can you not waste your time in a meaningful way?

4. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Neither. Since there was no glass, that's where she was storing her gum/phlegm/tumor last night. Would have thought you guys would have already known that. :rolleyes:

5. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

6. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 603

Plutonius

I'm still waiting for the WW game to start :). Besides, I don't consider it a waste of time since I'm linking to a news story that people want to discuss.

7. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

To be fair, it's only an issue for those that like conspiracies as the actual evidence proves this subject is a false claim.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Wait, have we given up on the Hillary is on her deathbed?

9. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Immaterial. The basic idea still stands, for any candidate equally, and is no less relevant if the people opining came from InfoWars or FreeRepublic or anywhere else, nor am I going to namedrop the sleaziest of the bunch either* but back to the point:

A hearing aid has a different purpose to a radio receiver capable of piping information through, thus rendering them what I believe you colloquially term as "puppet".
    Heck, sitcoms in the late 1990s often showed the use of such earpieces to hilarious effect. "Spin City", anyone?

* though it would be fun to do

10. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Nobody sane wants to discuss such a thing. It's just zin trolling the PRSI peeps.

But I'd rather have a candidate that at least hasn't got the excuse that he didn't understand half of what was said, be it because of accustics or because he's intellectual not potent enough to process the incoming informations accordingly, and thinks it a viable course of action to continue talking about stuff nobody asked for in the first place.

Seriously, do you guys think the president reads every paper/letter him- or herself? Answers every single telephone call him- or herself? They rely heavily on experts and pros doing that stuff for them - so having a hearing-aid somehow changes something? You took your crazy pills again, imo. Sorry to be that blunt but man, another low in my book.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 8, 2016 ---
    That's on hold. More pressing questions came up.

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

It's hard to maintain that narrative when she didn't cough last night at all! Plus she was seen walking up the steps to the Intrepid on her own power. Why she just did it again even after her press conference on the Tarmac this morning! She even made it all the way over to her plane without a walker!

As a side note, I wonder if the right wingers ever get tired of looking ridiculous with their crazy accusations? I guess not since they keep making them. They seem to be blissfully unaware that they make both themselves and their party look bad.

Reince Priebus did that with a tweet saying she didn't smile enough last night. Cause you know, that was such a light hearted subject they were discussing. :rolleyes: I guess the pushback was too much since he deleted it.

12. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

My 90 year old grandfather has some days that are better than others. She looked like **** this morning and it's clear she's run out of arguments.

13. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

LMAO. I think the one running out of arguments is you. :D

14. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

That's just her ear. The part of her ear they circled is called the Concha.

15. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

They're both a **** show, I chose the ***hole over the habitual liar. I don't like liars.

16. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Then you probably shouldn't be voting for either. Are you really unaware of just how often Trump lies?

17. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

About what? His lunch?

Hillary is part of the problem, so there's that too. Done with the frauds like her and Obama.

18. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

You can't really be that clueless.

Willful ignorance perhaps, but even you must know how much he lies.

19. Herdfan macrumors 6502

20. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 603

Plutonius

I can see where they are biased but is Infowars usually incorrect ?

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Not sure. Still fact checking the Newton "shooting".

22. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

23. Robisan macrumors 6502

Topics like this are erotica to fuel the OP's Longview avocation that produced this Dookie...

24. samcraig macrumors P6

Ok - now you're just satirizing yourself. If Hillary and Obama fall into the fraud column, Trump is easily in the same column.

25. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'm going to take back my first post ... in a way. It's quite possible for Infowars to have a real news story. And Fox news shouldn't be dismissed out of hand as well.

But we are talking about a ludicrous CT rumor. Any decent news service should know better than to put that forth as a news story ... unless the story is about the ridiculous rumors flying around these days.