Hearing my own voice 'amplified' in the ear speaker, especialy when noisy...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tadziak, Nov 9, 2011.

1. tadziak macrumors regular

Hello,
    I have a brand new Iphone 4s and what I noticed is that I often can hear my own voice sort of amplified (sounds a bit like echo in a small empty room) when making a call. It's making conversations rather unpleasant and annoying.

I also noticed that it's most herable when I am in a noisy environment, like standing on a street with traffic sounds, some wind etc. That makes me think that it might be some noise cancellation side effect.

My question is - if its normal for those phones or can it be my network fault or maybe it's a faulty unit or needs software fix?

Have you ever noticed simmilar effect?

Thanks in advance for your insight.

2. steveca macrumors 6502

i noticed the same effect as well to be honest... any ideas?

3. tadziak thread starter macrumors regular

I hope it's some of the software issues and gets resolved with new IOS. But right now it's annoying, I often feel like being in some recording studio and speak to a microphone ;)

Have you also noticed that it's almost perfectly okay when you talk in a quiet room?

I'm glad I'm not alone on this one. The question is - whether it requires a replacement or we should wait for the updates?

4. steveca macrumors 6502

I think it is software... will be following this however

5. tadziak thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, I hope Apple will fix it soon. I will be grateful for any other users experience as well.

6. cm1972 macrumors newbie

Hi - I recently have had a 16Gb 4S and after only a week and a half or so of normal use it seems to have developed this problem. Is anyone able to advise further as to what the problem is? Is it software or the phone, and if the latter is it worth taking it the Apple Store?

Many thanks in anticipation of your replies.

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

At Macworld yesterday and I had my Bose Series 2 Headset on, and I kept getting an echo of everything I was saying, forcing me to shutdown the headset and use the speaker on the iPhone. Part of the reason was EVERY iPhone in the Western States must have been there and 3G was super slow too. I think I've had that echoing effect on my 4S as well..:eek: