Heather Heyer's mother repudiates Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jpietrzak8, Aug 18, 2017.

1. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Well, I think this says it all. Donald Trump's team finally tried to contact Susan Bro (mother of Heather Heyer) on Wednesday, and she was so busy at that point that she hadn't been able to catch their voicemail until Thursday night. Which is unfortunate for them, because she managed to catch some of Trump's speeches in the interim. She now states that she has not talked to Trump, nor is she going to.

“I hadn't really watched the news until last night and I'm not talking to the president now, I'm sorry, after what he said about my child,” she said. “And it's not that I saw somebody else's tweets about him. I saw an actual clip of him at a press conference equating the protesters like Ms. Heyer with the KKK and the white supremacists.”​

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/...l-not-speak-with-trump-charlottesville-241777

2. LordVic macrumors 601

the fact he keeps saying "terrible acts by both sides" is lumping every legitimate protester with groups like Antifa or whatever the tumpeteers are claiming.

Here's a lesson. EVERYONE SHOULD BE PROTESTING NAZIS!. if they showed up on my street, I would be out there protesting nazis. I'm not some Antifa member. I'm not some commie. I'm not some violent person looking to start a fight.

I'm anti-nazi! Being Anti-nazi, the President of the United States has just lumped me in with violent offenders and people who would see me dead.

Trump... Go **** yourself

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

4. samcraig macrumors P6

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Why not say how you really feel?

6. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

He just doesn't want to say it in this thread. But we all know.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

well my left ankle is still swollen so I am still in a bit of pain.

better?
    --- Post Merged, Aug 18, 2017 ---
    you know nothing Steve (games of thrones reference) but I still love you :D

8. samcraig macrumors P6

How's the head though? All healed?

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

my head will never heal said the psychiatrist over 20 years ago :( he also said it's for the best as I really don't want to live in reality with looks like mine , I am not short fat bald and ugly,,,,I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not I'm not ,,,,,,,,,, ahhh feel better already :D

anyways, I can sympathize with the woman not wanting her daughters death to be used for political points. so I don't blame her one bit.

10. samcraig macrumors P6

Well I was more referring to the bump on the noggin from your wife...

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

yeah, left a scar but it all healed .

12. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

I think we need to begin force feeding you "the pills" or mixing them into your tacos.

13. Zenithal Suspended

I'm afraid to ask... but what happened to JK? Some violent byproduct of roleplaying?

14. samcraig macrumors P6

Well clearly he was on the wrong side of a bag full of drugs being thrown over the border....

15. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

or was he is was in the bag. or someone used him as a piñata

16. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

My theory: He took on his unique "super"power in his teenage years when bitten by radioactive troll.

17. samcraig macrumors P6

I think it would make more sense if he was bitten by someone electrocuted - it would explain the LOCK THEM UP.

18. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

This is what Trump supporters fail to see. Protesting Nazis isn't stirring up trouble. Its the moral thing to do. You cannot just stand by when there are Nazis saluting and shouting racist and hateful things.

19. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

One last tongue-in-cheek off-topic friendly jibe:

The Electrocuted Troll. Sounds like a Northern European psychedelic death metal band... or the pub they'd play in.

20. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

The issue is when, within the protesters, you have a group like Antifa mingled in with the others.

21. LordVic macrumors 601

no it isn't. That's a deflection. The very existence of Nazi's is to "stir up trouble" ..

I don't endorse Antifa's actions. But at the very same time, deflecting to attack Antifa for participating in an Anti-Nazi protest is defense of the Nazi protest.

that's not a side you want to be on. You should be standing alongside EVERYONE ELSE IN PROTESTING NAZIS

22. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I think Susan Bro characterised what Trump said (I don't think he ever said that Heather Heyes was violent, or even implied that), but I hope people just let her be, given the grief she must be experiencing. It would be perfectly valid for her not to speak to Trump simply because he did not condemn the white supremacists definitely and swiftly.

Still can't believe this murder took place in my home state.

23. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Believe it or not you can be against Nazi's and still point out that a certain group associated with your cause doesn't help your cause.

24. samcraig macrumors P6

Agree to a point. I think the issue comes down to the equating the two or pitting one against the other in the context of what happened - and how it is being spoken about (by at least Trump).

Antifa may not be innocent - but they didn't kill Heyer. Nazis did.