Heavy Metal iMac?

Rickster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2001
I recently heard talk at a NYC Apple education seminar of "heavy metal colors" for the new January02 iMac....
Bronze, Platinum and Gold? Any confirmation of this would be helpful.

Doraemon

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2001
Europe (EU)
Doubt it...

I don't think we'll ever see a golden iMac. Doesn't sell. I think after the experience with the dalmatian and flower power iMacs Apple won't release extreme colors (and patterns) in the near future again.
I expect that the new iMac looks somewhat similar to the iBook (dual USB).

amichalo

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2001
hot swapable computer cases?

Maybe Apple needs to release a case that allows people to swap their casing, just like the Palm m100 let's you buy a tiger print cover or a nice carbon fiber one, depending on your mood.

MattB

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2001
New Color Scheme...

Apple's new color scheme, for consumers not pro, started with the iBook and now the iPod. I think you can expect the new iMac to follow this route with white plastic and perhaps chrome.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
colors...

Gold, Silver or Platinum would be a bit cheezy. I think they have done well with iMacs in different "flavors." But what about the iMac coming in one standard color to match the iBook, since the Quicksilver more closely resembles the TiBook?

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
ahh...I couldn't see it posted because we were posting at the same time...

or within a few minutes of each other.....he he he

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
colours...

I think that we will see multi colours, a fully white iMac would look good but lose the iMacs reputation as a fun fruty machine!

Guy

SPG

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2001
In the shadow of the Space Needle.
I'd like to see Apple push things a bit farther myself. Have you really noticed the impact the imac has had in the past two years? Half the stuff out there matches your iMac...I have an iBroom, iDustpan, iToaster, iBlender, iClock, and iTrashcan in the kitchen alone and I'm not even a fan of translucent plastic...hell I don't even own an iMac!
The next big thing can't be guessed.

Tommy!

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2001
NH
The iMac can't stop coming in several colors! It's what the iMac is known best for. I've had 4 imacs, and the first thing i hear is "ooh what color?!" i think dropping the different color idea would take some life out of the imac line.

amichalo

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2001
What will Compaq do?

If Apple doesn't create new colors for the iMac, where will Compaq get inspiration for their poorly implemented colored PC's?

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by Tommy!
The iMac can't stop coming in several colors! It's what the iMac is known best for. I've had 4 imacs, and the first thing i hear is "ooh what color?!" i think dropping the different color idea would take some life out of the imac line.
I do think u have a point there. But, consider that the iBook once came on a variety of flavors....and is not ice or white. It would make sense...