Heidi Cruz Seems POSITIVE Her Husband Is The Second Coming Of Christ

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Feb 10, 2016.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

seems someone has not read the Constitution or watched how cruz treats other people that are not white Christians.
    http://www.addictinginfo.org/2016/0...husband-is-the-second-coming-of-christ-audio/

2. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

Actually, I think he's an agent of the devil (if not the devil himself)!

3. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

No doubt a false prophet.

4. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

False devil or jesus?

5. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

That's an easy one! The question is "Who is steve knight?".

Notice that you refer to non-white Christians by that racist term "other people". Doing a bit of projecting, eh?

6. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Not sure, but it's pretty clear he's God fearing. :D

7. steve knight, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016

steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

nope he seems to only be pandering to white christians according to the news. he sure is not going to appeal to others. it is a riot that you point such things out.

8. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

I'm shocked that you'd say such a thing! Why Ted was honored as Man of the Year and Keynote Speaker at the 2015 Minority Gala Awards in Miami!

9. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

I asm sure his dad helped with that. never one of them seem to know they are not white.

10. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

True to form. Carry on.

11. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

your funny get a show.

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Because he makes her scream "oh God" every so often?

Lord have mercy on my soul

13. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

doubtful so uptight maybe makes her dress like mary or moses.

14. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Let me first by saying I am not at all a Ted Cruz supporter (I'm pretty convinced he's a sociopath) and I am not Christian. And I've put too much thought into a stupid thread.

I really don't read this as Ted Cruz's wife declaring him as Jesus. IMO, American was founded with a lot of Christian principals/ethics... but that was 1776 we're talking about, not 2016. She's merely pandering to the Evangelical Christian base stating Ted Cruz supports the Christian stance on political issues.

Maybe I'm biased because I'm not Christian, but America despite moving towards secularism is still very much based on Christian ideology. I think it's very hard to argue that America was not founded as a Christian nation (despite what this silly article says)- historical documents are littered with references to Christianity. Even if some of the founding fathers were Diest, they were still probably very much influenced by the Christian sentiment that was pervasive in the 1700's.

We hear about crazy educational decisions in the South on things like evolution. But at the same time, even in Connecticut, a liberal state, you still can't buy alcohol on Sundays (dating back to the preservation of Sunday as a holy day). 70% of America identifies as Christian (23% do not identify with any religion). "One nation under God" is consistent with a Christian depiction of God. The Government is shut down on Christian holidays (but not others). Etc, etc, etc.

As an Evangelical Christian he will claim to live his life in the way God suggested. He will lead in the fashion that inspired the founding fathers, who were inspired by God. Show the face of God that we serve- meaning make decisions based on "the Christian thing to do".

Sounds great if you're Christian.

I don't support him. I think he's crazy. I'm not going to vote for him. But I don't think is wife is claiming he is the second coming of Christ.

-----
    Note: More evidence our nation was not founded on Christianity (sarcasm). This is the opening paragraph of The Connecticut Colony's Fundamental Orders in 1639. These are the people who were building America...

15. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

You might want to read this article:

http://www.britannica.com/topic/The-Founding-Fathers-Deism-and-Christianity-1272214

I think it has the facts straight, although it commits a couple sins of omission -- for one,it fails to recognize the singular contribution of Benjamin Franklin to "the American religion".

16. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

I know she does not see him as Christ but she sure sees him as America's savior. Some people's eyes that's the same thing.

17. hiddenmarkov macrumors 6502a

Not sure if she is trying to help...or hurt her husband here.

No real problems with the most religious types but....too much zeal a put off for some like me. may get some votes from some holdouts. Question is are they more than those put off by this?

I myself am a former catholic now agnostic. She lost me at the Christian way. mainly because I have studied other religions at academic levels. I actually appreciate some aspects to other belief systems like say tribal systems. Idea that they were doing it wrong since they didn't get the email and it took centuries for boats to reach them to tell them this and here is the right way...was a source of confusion to me. One among many...

That and we kind of also got founded on separation of church and states, she seems to have forgotten that. The good book and sermons...by all means go to town in a church if your thing. At the office on monday...time to put that away by and large. Unless like say a military chaplains whose job is to be well...a chaplain. But even they put some of that away at times and get to business very secular minded.

18. Oudinot macrumors regular

Oudinot

You are just afraid he is going to win. Hope he does

19. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Interesting read. Thanks for the link. I know this is a heavily contested topic. My belief is that given the majority of America back then was Christian, as has been, and continues to be (though to a continuously lesser amount), the country was built and shaped with Christian ideology/culture, thus its presence through our American culture. Religion of course was formerly a much more integral aspect of people's lives than it is today.

That said American Culture is based on the ever-changing beliefs of the American people. Our country has developed significantly since then and need not continue to conform to Christian ideology, rather continue evolve to match the sentiments of the American people... Which is what democracy theoretically is all about.

Therefore to form laws based on their congruence with the bible only makes sense if that is the currently standing belief of the population. Obviously, the world has changed and most our lives do not revolve around religion as it once did.

So anyways, I am starting to ramble here. Ted Cruz is just representing the people who believe the laws of the US should be congruent with bible teachings. I don't think he is claiming to be Jesus. His wife is merely saying he is the best candidate to represent that demographic.

Where OP's thing with race comes into play here, I'm not sure what that's in reference to. I don't recall wife mentioning race, and there are certainly plenty on non-white Christians in the world.

20. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

I have seen reports that he is really not campaign for votes other then conservative Christ that misses out most people in the US.

21. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

Well if your rich it would be good for you. If not it will suck.

22. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

How many hispanics have you slept with?

23. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

I sleep with a hinz 57

24. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Let me guess, you read that here?

25. sim667 macrumors 65816

Can you please define how that is considered a racist term?