Held out as long as I could

BasilFawlty

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
New Mexico
Today I made the mistake of wandering into the local AT&T store on my lunch hour. They have a trade-in deal going where you get $100 off if you trade in an older iPhone. I've been using the 3GS since the day it was first introduced. I managed to resist an upgrade when the 4 and later 4S were introduced, but today, with that deal going, I took the plunge and got a 64GB iPhone 5. So far it seems like a great upgrade. Haven't had it but a few hours though so time will tell how I feel aboit doing this upgrade (I was off contract and now back on for another 2 yrs, that's the main down side)

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
Welcome to iOS 6 and LTE! The iPhone 5 is my first iPhone so I can't really compare to previous models, but I would say it's a pretty good phone. You may notice a jump in your data usage. Just a heads up.

BasilFawlty

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
New Mexico
Welcome to iOS 6 and LTE! The iPhone 5 is my first iPhone so I can't really compare to previous models, but I would say it's a pretty good phone. You may notice a jump in your data usage. Just a heads up.
That won't matter to me since I'm grandfathered in with the AT&T Unlimited data plan.

predation

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2013
i'm holding steady for the iphone 5s. lol

sold my note 2 and been on an iphone 2g for a bit. lol

Chocolatemilty

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I hear you, OP. As longs you're happy. That's all that matters!

I was within INCHES on getting the 5 while I was in NYC at the Grand Central apple store last week. The entire ambience almost got me (Apple is amazing at that.) That 32GB white iPhone 5 was calling me...but I had just enough in me to muster resistance. My 4S isn't hurting for an upgrade too bad, and with AppleCare+ until November, I just gotta keep it going!

BasilFawlty

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
New Mexico
So close to a new release?
Well, I wasn't really planning to buy, but it was the 100 trade in deal that did it for me. I wasn't unhappy with my 32GB 3GS, so I'm sure I'll be quite content with the 5, at least for a while. Getting my son's 4S phones to replace there 3Gs. Essentially free with their trade ins. Not a 5, but for them a darn sight better than what that have now.