Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JackieOI

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
Barcelona Spain
I finally make the transition from windows to mac. I am the happiest woman on earth, But I being having so much trouble to figure it out, I am really good with Safari although it took me 25 min. to figure it out, where was internet, ha ha ha. and maybe another hr. to send a mail. But all that is in the past. so here is a couple of questions that I hope you more experience people can help me.. pleaseeeee......

Mac seems to run very slowly.
Mail takes for ever to show my mail and to make changes some time it quits automatically. And send a report to mac. But nothing has change so far.
How can I delete a program/application for example TV, want it out of my hard drive. or any other download.
How can I see Power Point on my mac...

Thank you all for your answers and support

Yakuza

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2007
Lisbon, Portugal
I finally make the transition from windows to mac. I am the happiest woman on earth, But I being having so much trouble to figure it out, I am really good with Safari although it took me 25 min. to figure it out, where was internet, ha ha ha. and maybe another hr. to send a mail. But all that is in the past. so here is a couple of questions that I hope you more experience people can help me.. pleaseeeee......

Mac seems to run very slowly.
Mail takes for ever to show my mail and to make changes some time it quits automatically. And send a report to mac. But nothing has change so far.
How can I delete a program/application for example TV, want it out of my hard drive. or any other download.
How can I see Power Point on my mac...

Thank you all for your answers and support

Well here's a response from a portuguese "hermano" :p

- What kind of computer do you have? - New, used, laptop, desktop? how much memory does it have?

- To delete a program you simply go to Finder/Aplications - and choose the program that you want to delete you click it and drag to the recycle bin (it's that easy ;) )

- To see a power point u can install Microsoft Office for Mac - Open Office, or just use the program called Keynote from iWork =) it works for me.

:D

Shpenza

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
Barcelona
Hola Barcelona girl,

As our colegue from portugal has asked, what kind of Apple computer do you have? (that way its easier to know if there could be any hardware issue).
But if you have switched to MAC recently i guess that you have bought a new machine, therefor all these problems you have shouldent be ;)

By the way, if you want to explain your self maybe better in spanish you can, as i am also a Barcelona guy ;)

Hope i could help.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
1. In addition to Yakuza's post, do you have multiple apps open? Have you tried rebooting? Give OnyX a try as well, it's great cleaning tool and it's free, speeds up everything.

2. Again in addition to Yakuza's post, I use AppCleaner. It seeks for system files which the app has created. Very simple and free

3. OpenOffice, NeoOffice, iWork or Office for Mac. First two ones are free but iWork and Office for Mac aren't though they have 30-day trial

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.