HELP - 3GS stuck in DFU mode after upgrade to IOS 4.3.3 and ipad baseband

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dwsulliv, May 17, 2011.

1. dwsulliv macrumors newbie

please help me.... I just upgraded my 3GS iphone to new firmware 4.3.3, and suddenly the phone went died, and could not come up again.

following is the detail story:

1st, I upgraded my iphone with redsn0w to 4.3.3, and upgraded the ipad baseband.

after upgrade I had problem with "no signal" and than I installed ultrasn0w, but got error, the installation was not success. I realized after I read some article in forum that 3gs could be fix with ultrasn0w.

Suddenly after sometime the iphone went off, I could not tether with any software. I tried redsnow 0.0.6.rc.16, but stuck in the waiting for update process, and seems that redsn0w could not communicate with my iphone. previously was worked as I used redsn0w for tethered.

redsnow stuc.jpg

above is redsn0w stuck in the middle of process:

I already uses IREB, redsn0w and any other software but It does not help.
    I can put my iphone to DFU mode, and Itune can detect my iphone in the restore mode. but I could not do anything.
    I could not restore to normal IOS due to my baseband is already changed.

Could anyone help, and give me the solution? I just want my iphone alive and could boot again.

thanks, appreciate your comments

2. dwsulliv thread starter macrumors newbie

3. philis195 macrumors newbie

What screen does the phone show now?

4. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

5. philis195 macrumors newbie

I recommend the above especially if the screen is the usb cable with itunes.

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

This doesn't make sense. Redsn0w is a jailbreak tool, it can't be used to upgrade firmware. How did you do it?

When did you restore/upgrade your phone with Itunes? before install Ipad baseband or after?

7. dwsulliv thread starter macrumors newbie

It does not appear anything <blank screen>, I can not see the the apple logo. seems that the boot software was crash.

8. dwsulliv thread starter macrumors newbie

there is no screen with usb cable and itune, what can I see is only blank screen.

9. dwsulliv thread starter macrumors newbie

I used redsn0w to create the custom freeware and update the baseband. it was updated the baseband firest before upgrade the firmware. I hve tried all the solution that I found in the internet but it does not works. any others workaround? now the screen is blank, in the dfu and no usb cable and itune.

10. dwsulliv thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry, it was not custom freeware but custom firmware.. :)

11. dwsulliv thread starter macrumors newbie

12. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Again, redsn0w is a jailbreak tool and can't create a customs firmware. Tell us each step in the process so we know what you did wrong.

Did you download the ipad 1 3.2.2 firmware onto you computer?
    Did you select 4.3.3 when redsn0w ask you to pick the firmware on your computer?