Help! accidently deleted my pirated copy of OSX lion.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Pantless Spency, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pantless Spency macrumors newbie

so in an attempt to free up space on my 1,7 imac, i grabbed my torrent download folder and put it on an external hard drive.

then my computer slowly crashed, i had no idea what was going on, so i turned it off.

then when i tried to boot it up, it was stuck on the apple logo white screen, then a logo of a circle with a hash through the middle.

i then put it into recovery mode, attempted to repair the disk, the disk repaired fine but it would still not boot at all, then i realized what i had done.

so i try to reinstall osx lion, logged into my apple/itunes acc. but i cant because i never purchased it in the first place.

what am i to do? i cant purchase it now that osx mountain lion is out and im just not sure about it at all.

please help!
    thanks
    -Spencer.

2. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Why not just buy ML? It's hardly expensive. But by the looks of things your not the sort to pay for your software....

3. Pantless Spency thread starter macrumors newbie

im not really but its not out of the question.

but if my computer will not boot, only boot into recovery or script, would i be able to upgrade to ML if my only option from CMD+R is to reinstall lion?

4. Tanax macrumors 6502a

Quite honestly, you get what you pay for. In this case, you didn't pay anything - thus don't expect anything to work the way it's intended to.

Boot from another drive, access your old drive to transfer your documents and then do a clean install after purchasing it.

5. Fantola macrumors member

I love how everybody hates him for pirating...

6. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

and that's bad because...:confused:

7. Tanax macrumors 6502a

I love how you assume we "hate" him for it...

Personally I don't hate him, I just dislike people who pirate things that are dirt-cheap in the first place - and then have the nerve to come ask for help/support when things break.

8. GeekGuys macrumors regular

Exactly! I liken it to speeding. I do it, as do many others. If you get caught by a cop or camera, you can hardly complain about it... but people do all the time (they're just out for more money.... why don't they catch real criminals....etc etc). :rolleyes:

Do the crime, fine... but don't expect sympathy if you get caught (or in this case, it crashes your computer).

Either download a new ISO and create a new boot disk / boot USB or pay the $20 and install the pucka version.

9. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Mod Note:

From the Rules:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.