Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
1) Try and downgrade back to 3.0 from DFU mode (probably won't work)
2) Register as a developer, pay your $100 and wait for them to process your application
3) Buy a new phone
4) Follow SilentPanda's advice.

No offence meant, but how could you think you were registered as a developer if you weren't? :confused:

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
how bout if you download the SDK? there's a program there that will give you the info about your phone
Microsoft Windows... :p

I've still got the original box. I can find the part no., serial no, IMEI and carrier part no. but there's nu UDID on the box! :(

Revelation78

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2008
North Carolina
Microsoft Windows... :p

I've still got the original box. I can find the part no., serial no, IMEI and carrier part no. but there's nu UDID on the box! :(

You can put the iPhoen in DFU mode and you can get the UDID that way. I know how it's done on a Mac, just not on Windows. Do a google search and you should be able to discover how to do it on a Windows PC.

Revelation78

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2008
North Carolina
I don't understand what you've done :confused:

He downloaded OS 4.0 and installed it on his only iPhone. He's not a paid-registered Developer and his UDID is not on file with a paid-registered Developer so his phone is bricked until his UDID gets on file with a Developer.

Just as Apple did with OS 3.0, after updating to the Beta OS, you cannot revert back to an earlier OS.

kemo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
download 3.x OS, hold ALT key - click on restore button and load that OS instead of trying to load the current one which saved somewhere in iTunes folder - this should work, because it holds only factory settings

kemo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
He downloaded OS 4.0 and installed it on his only iPhone. He's not a paid-registered Developer and his UDID is not on file with a paid-registered Developer so his phone is bricked until his UDID gets on file with a Developer.

Just as Apple did with OS 3.0, after updating to the Beta OS, you cannot revert back to an earlier OS.

Lol i dont belive they just "BRICK" your phone if u are not a Dev registered member :eek:

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009

Yep, you can not go back. But I registered my self somewhere in late 2009, and than I 'just' cancelled it. I thought it would remain for one year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.