Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atomiton

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Just bought an AE, and am trying to get it to play with PC at home.

Any recommended settings? I don't want to run internet through it, I only want to stream music through it.

The AE keeps picking up one of my neighbor's wireless (unsecured) networks.

I think i set it up as its own network... but it's finnicky...

How do people have theirs setup...

it's funny that I actually had it set up under the neighbor's network... as an extender without them knowing... and it was cool... i could surf on their internet and send music to AE, but it cut out.... probably because the AE downgraded to their 802.11b setup.

That's the only time it glows green though... otherwise, it's constant flashing orange... what settings do i need to change?

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
atomiton said:
Just bought an AE, and am trying to get it to play with PC at home.

Any recommended settings? I don't want to run internet through it, I only want to stream music through it.

The AE keeps picking up one of my neighbor's wireless (unsecured) networks.

I think i set it up as its own network... but it's finnicky...

How do people have theirs setup...

it's funny that I actually had it set up under the neighbor's network... as an extender without them knowing... and it was cool... i could surf on their internet and send music to AE, but it cut out.... probably because the AE downgraded to their 802.11b setup.

That's the only time it glows green though... otherwise, it's constant flashing orange... what settings do i need to change?

It flashes orange when it doesn't have an internet connection. In you case, you don't need to worry about this because you aren't using it for the internet

atomiton

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
So do i just switch between the two networks then depending on what i want to do?

Thanks for the clarification on the orange flasher, btw.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.