Help! Anybody's using Palm Centro before iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yek623, Dec 6, 2011.

1. yek623 macrumors newbie

Help! I'm kinda desperate to get all my contacts to iphone but the multiple numbers in a contact are not transferred to iphone.
    I'm thinking of getting iphone and been trying to sync my palm centro contacts to my friend's iphone.
    From what I know from everywhere else, the contacts can be synced to outlook > itunes> iphone.
    but since the itunes doesn't have the outlook sync option already, i'm using yahoo contacts instead.

1) But I have multiple numbers, emails and address within a contact and yahoo only records 1 number of a contact.
    How do i get all multiple numbers, email and address into yahoo contacts?
    I have over 20k of contacts which I've accumulated over the years and I can't possibly input the numbers and addresses into yahoo 1 by 1.
    Anyone know of a more efficient way??

2) Is there any apps for iphone that I can search both the name of the contact and multiple numbers?

3) The chinese-named contacts in palm centro cannot be transferred to iphone as well.
    How do I transfer it to iphone with the chinese characters?

4) If all these are not workable for iphone, what other phones do you recommend??

Anyone can help me with these? Please!!
    I'll be sooooo thankful !!!

2. yek623 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

First, recognize that you posted in the middle of the night for most of the Americas and early morning for Europe. As it seems the majority of participants are from these regions, let them wake up before being concerned about no answer. :D

Is there no way to sync you Palm Centro contacts to Outlook? That'd be the easiest way. (were you really risking losing 20,000 contacts by having them nowhere but in the one phone?)

Alternately skip Yahoo and set up a Gmail account to use to move your contacts, Google allows more than 1 number per contact. Rather odd that Yahoo doesn't.

Question #2 doesn't make sense.

I have no idea about Chinese named contacts.

4. yek623 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah so sorry about that, I forgot about the time zone issue :eek:

Hmm..I have backups for the contacts but I'll have problem inserting multiple numbers 1 by 1 in yahoo, which will take me a long long time to finish that.
    I just tried using google and I tested to import 10 contacts but they prompt that it is too much, so I tried importing 6 contacts and it worked. :confused: But they can't seem to detect more numbers as well.

For Qn 2, sorry about the poor phrasing, lol. I wanted to ask if there's any iphone apps which can search for the multiple numbers inside the contact rather than the contact name? (when searching for contacts in iphone)

5. BiggAW macrumors 68020

Wait, do you have 20 kilobytes of contacts or TWENTY THOUSAND CONTACTS??? If it's the latter, HOLY $h7T clean those things out!!!!

6. SporkLover macrumors 6502

Add an exchange account to your palm centro using Gmail.

Sync contacts to Gmail.

Add gmail account (using microsoft exchange).

Now your contacts are on your phone ;)

7. yek623 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm..yea 20,000 contacts. Actually I'm posting these qns on behalf of my father. He wouldn't want to clean those out :\

----------

Sorry can I know how do I add an exchange account using gmail? I searched all around gmail but can't seem to see that anywhere. I'm a noob in these :(

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

9. BiggAW macrumors 68020

At that point, it would be so hopeless, I'd just nuke and start over. How'd he get that many???

10. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Your best bet is to get the centro synced up with google contacts (if that's even possible, but a quick search should shed some light). If you get that far, it's as simple as setting up an MS exchange with your google info and viola!