Help! Anyone who switched to ATT from Verizon Family plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by busterbluth, Jul 19, 2008.

1. busterbluth macrumors 6502

Ok, So Im all set to wake up early and head to my apple store to wait in line for the iphone. I have verizon family plan and I am not the primary on the account. I want to port my new number into my att account. I have my verizon account number, but only the last 4 digits of the verizon accounts social security number. Its my fault, but my parents went on vacation and I cant reach them. Anyone know if this is enough? I dont feel like waiting in line and being rejected. I appreciate any help!!!!

2. islandtitan macrumors regular

islandtitan

We moved from Verizon to AT&T with a family plan.

The Verizon account was in my partners name and the AT&T account was to be in my name.

If you have a Verizon bill to take with you, or have the account number from the bill, this is not any of the phone numbers.

My rep only asked for the last four of the primaries ssn. Bear in mind that I told her upfront that I was not the account holder for the verizon account.

It worked for me, but your rep may be different.

Good Luck :)

3. jakeacc macrumors regular

I ordered an iPhone at ATT yesterday. I told them that I'm currently a Verizon Family plan customer and my dad is the primary account holder. I had his account number, social security, billing address, and Verizon account pin number. They said the only thing they need is the account number. (not even the Social Security)

4. MacMaad macrumors member

Unless there is a password on the account, you should be fine. Just make sure they specify to Verizon who the account holder is if it's not you. I had a Verizon number that was in my husband's name and ported it, and promptly got a text message saying there was a problem with the port. I called the number, and a very nice rep with lots of patience helped me figure it out. She thought it was a password issue, but it was actually a name issue, as AT&T had sent the request to Verizon under my name. Once she changed the name on the request it went through fine (and immediately). She did ask me for the last four of his social. Sounds like you have all the info you need.