Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chibianh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 6, 2001
Colorado
I have seem to run into a problem i can't figure out. iMovie, Excel, Powerpoint, and a few other apps would not launch. It keeps getting the "unexpectedly quits" message. However, launching it from the terminal and it's fine. I've rebooted, repaired permissions, fsck'd, reinstalled... several times. I don't have Diskwarrior, techtool, or drive 10 (although i plan to get some sort of utility soon). Any other suggestions besides wiping the drive and reinstalling the OS? Thanks.

btw, I'm on a Ti 800mhz, 768MB Ram

mkubal

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Tampa
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can do a disk repair from the install disk that is (I think) more intensive. I could be wrong on this one though. It could be the exact same thing as doing it from the startup disk.

Matt

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
i also think that there is a utility that can be used to find and repair certain problems. it might help you, but if that doesn't work, then i don't know anything else besides backing up files, wiping the disk, and reinstalling everything.:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.