Help. Canadian wants iPhone 4 on launch date (June 24th) and willing to pay cash

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vinzer, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinzer macrumors newbie

Hello all,

My name is Vlad and I am from Canada. I want to find the way how I can buy iPhone4 (32G Black) on its US launch date on June 24 or June 25. I want to buy it with no contract of course. I am willing to pay up to probably 800$-900$ cash right away for it so you may get some profit. I know that I can wait a month or two until in Canada they will start to sell these with no contracts (I already have two contracts and can not afford third one, and I am not eligible for any HW upgrade this year) but I do not want to wait and also in Canada it is unknown when our providers may start to sell contract free equipment.

I am willing to drive to Boston or NY area to meet with someone who may help and to get the phone on the launch date. So basically I come to NY or Boston or area around (I am in Montreal) on June 24 or 25 and meet with the person, we go to the apple or other store and get the phone.

Please suggest me if someone may help me with that. I think this forums is the best place to check for such questions. Also I do not have friends in US who may help me with that, only few ppl I know from US live in TX and California.

Thank you in advance if someone may help me.
    Please do not suggest me to go to eBay for that phone :) I read your posts here about these scams.

Vlad

I am sorry for my broken English (Quebec: le francois canadian)

2. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

3. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

I'm not sure if there will be JB for the iPhone 4 on launch day, so you won't be to use it on your carrier (or even activate it) until then anyway.

4. vinzer thread starter macrumors newbie

:) Noooo ! Beleive me I am not a scammer. I just want iPhone 4G. I am scared of eBay because everyone here wrote that eBay is scam.

I am looking for person who simply may get an iphone for me. I know it will be AT&T locked, it is normal. I will wait for sometime until the medication will be released for it :)

In Canada, opposite to US, iPhones always come later than launch date (later than June 24). Also here our monopoly operator Rogers wants first to attract new customers so Rogers does not allow to upgrade existed equiopment or to buy contract free phone. Only after month or two or three they may strat to sell it. I simply do not want to wait and I am willing to pay extra 200-300 for this. I think it is normal, especially if I fully realising that in US this phone cost only 600 with no contract. Extra money I am willing to pay is your profit for getting me an iphone. I can not buy it in US because I am simply Canadian and do not have US address or US ID.

5. profets macrumors 68040

You sound quite misinformed. in 2008 and 2009, Rogers launched the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS at same time as AT&T. Also, for part of the 3G lifecycle and for the whole 3GS lifecycle you were always able to purchase it with no contract from Rogers or Apple. And many many existing customers were able to upgrade.

If you are smart, just wait one month and buy it from Apple Canada with no contract and it'll be unlocked!

6. vinzer thread starter macrumors newbie

I am agree with you. If I wait, not sure if 1 month or more, Rogers still did not anounce anything about it, I may get one here with no contract.

But from other side I may pay and probably get it before that time. I fully understand that probably the smarter way is to wait and save some $$$ but money is not an issue. At the end of July I am leaving for vacation to Europe - it also would be cool to have new phone with me :)

Anyone willing to help ?

7. profets macrumors 68040

?? You still don't get it. Even completely ignore money or cost to get it. If you buy it in the US, it'll be locked to AT&T.

Rogers, Bell, Telus, Fido, Virgin have all confirmed theyre going to carry the iphone 4. Even if we don't care about the carriers, then Apple Canada will be carrying the iphone 4, and it will even be unlocked.

Anyway, if it does come out in canada by end of July like Apple says, put effort into acquiring one here instead of driving down to NY or Boston. Or if you can't get it here and leave to Europe - buy one over there as it'll be unlocked.

8. christyn macrumors 6502a

Well first of all, even if you could use it on Rogers which is unlikely right now, someone would have to resign a contract to get the phone for you and then would have to pay for at least one month of service + the new $325 ETF.

So $199/$299
    $325 ETF
    and 1 month of service =

more than you want to pay for it.

Ebay is your best bet, and fyi it's usually sellers that get scammed on eBay that are complained about more frequently on here...

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

And what if the hackers never find a way to unlock it? Now you're stuck with an expensive brick.

10. vinzer thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm you all sound right. The only question now - WHEN they launch it in Canada? Ok there is another thread about it, I know... :)

I was thinking that in US it will be possible to buy contract-free iPhone on June 24. I was not talking about the one which has to be first contracted and than ECF (early cancelation fees). If in Canada we will be able to buy non contract one from apple means in US it also should be possible contract free phone ? Am I correct ?
    If this is the case the only concern now is UNLOCK which in my opinion should happen soon. I would never beleive that such powerful team which unlocked all previous iphone version will not be able to do the magic on the new one :)

Well .... your comments sounds right to me, I just tried to explain how I was expecting to have the phone from US

11. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.