Help, Can't download a whole album from itunes purchases in iOS 6 (iPhone 5)

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Tec972, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Tec972 macrumors regular

Aug 19, 2010
    Want to know if anyone else has come across this yet. Just got the iphone 5 today and installed it as a new device so I would start from scratch.

I have no music on the phone whatsoever. When I go into purchases in iTunes on the phone i cannot go to a whole album and download it. It just shows the album as purchased with no download link.

I can not pull up an album and have the option to download the whole thing. I have to look up a particular artist, then that album will show up but I can only download the songs by that particular artist off the album download link. NOT THE WHOLE ALBUM WITH ALL THE ARTISTS.

This is a problem as much of my music contains various artists. I would have to do 20 searches of the different artists on an album to piecemeal it together.

I also went on my iphone 4 to see if it had the same problem and it doesn't. That is why i believe this is an iOS 6 problem

I think the real problem is that when I go into purchases there is no way to list it by album that I can see on iOS 6. It is artist only
  2. quantumbyte macrumors newbie

Jan 20, 2012
    I have the same problem

Apparently they've removed the search function from the purchases section of the store, and when I search for a purchased album using the regular search the album shows up as "purchased" but all the tracks say $0.99, instead of the cloud icon.

I emailed apple, and they told me I needed to talk to someone on the phone, so I did, but they didn't believe me, and suggested that I simply "plug the iPhone to the computer and get the music that way"... hilarious.
    Finally I made an appointment at the genus bar, but they told me that they can't do anything and I should contact support...

I really thought I was going crazy, until I saw your post. I guess misery loves company.
  3. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Sep 13, 2009
    New York, USA