Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BillHarrison

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2003
Please.... can't resist! I have driving directions in hand, cash in pocket. Make me stop... I don't need another computer! I have a desktop, and I am in the middle of building an HTPC.... and I want to go spend the funds for that on a mac mini! Tell me why I should not do this when the apple store opens its doors early at 9am!

HELP!

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Buy meeeeeeeee.
I am so small, cute and desirable...

Your life will be incomplete without me.

BillHarrison

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2003
This isnt going well

I am getting dressed now....

Make the insanity stop!

I am trapped in the RDF!

mikeyredk

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2003
hey what time should i leave to go to the malls?

i am going to the christina mall in delaware

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
Why would you want to buy something that cheap? Afterall, it is cheaper than some ipods!! :D Go get that sucker already. My assistant really wants one too. I told him he could be late today so he could get one, on one condition, he has to bring it to work! :p

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Nope, no gonna do it, not gonna do it. :D

Hey at $500, one can have enough computers. And just think you can add one or more of these to the Folding@Home effort.

I know that I don't need another computer. But when the Mac mini comes with Tiger, I will drop the dough. Already have a small Apple Gift Card from the holidays that is earmarked for it.

GroundLoop

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2003
mikeyredk said:
hey what time should i leave to go to the malls?

i am going to the christina mall in delaware

As early as possible. Have to beat the 10-15 inches of snow that is coming this afternoon.

Hickman

mikeyredk

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2003
HAHA

my boss is in line waiting for kindergarden sign ups. I wonder how she is doing in the cold

i leave to the mall right now

hey does anyone know if the processor in the 1.25 is the same processor in the 1.42?

edit

oh crud i can't find my wallet this must be a sign

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
mikeyredk said:
HAHA

my boss is in line waiting for kindergarden sign ups. I wonder how she is doing in the cold

i leave to the mall right now

hey does anyone know if the processor in the 1.25 is the same processor in the 1.42?

edit

oh crud i can't find my wallet this must be a sign

No, just a sign of getting older.... :D

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
mikeyredk said:

uh oh... here come the "overclocking the mac mini" threads

hmm, I wonder if Yellow Dog Linux runs on the Mac Minis yet...

mikeyredk

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2003
well i just got back from the apple store though a snow storm

according to the employees there, they think the processor is the 7455B one not the newer 7447A in the powerbooks

mulletman13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2004
Los Angeles.
Hey guys think these will sell out today?

There is a giant snow storm in Milwaukee, and I'm having trouble clearing out my driveway to leave. Think they will all be gone very quickly? I want/need to snag a 1.42ghz one, and I hope to god they will be in stock for a few more hours.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
Ok, now that you have it you will feel guilty for spending the money and the mini will just serve as a constant reminder of that, so you can send it to me, so you don't have to see it everyday.

Just trying to help!

As mentioned, you could ditch the HTPC and equip the mini as a HTMac... get a firewire mpeg encoder (EyeTV 200?) and the DVI->SVideo (or whatever you need) adaptor... Would look better than any PC under your TV and be quieter and more energy efficient most likely...

Rob

SteveC

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2003
mulletman13 said:
Hey guys think these will sell out today?

There is a giant snow storm in Milwaukee, and I'm having trouble clearing out my driveway to leave. Think they will all be gone very quickly? I want/need to snag a 1.42ghz one, and I hope to god they will be in stock for a few more hours.
Better get off MR and get on the driveway if you want to get one. ;) hehe

BillHarrison

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2003
Still no mac mini for me... we have 12 inches of snow, and its an hour drive north to the store in northeast ohio. Thats in GOOD weather. Unfortunately i had to be to work at 10. I was planning to go to be there at 9, but i would never have made it back. And its still coming down here. I may have to hold off. I SOOOO want one.... it wont play hd movies, thats the only thing stopping me from putting one under my tv!

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
If anyone went to an Apple Store this morning at 9 am, post about it and let us know how the crowds were and if they had enough Mac minis in stock to go around. I'm curious to know what everyone's experience there this morning was like. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.