Help! DESPERATE Cant restore iphone... stuck but is my jailbreak evidence gone??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vegas-steven, Mar 17, 2009.

1. vegas-steven macrumors regular

Hi,

Big problem here.
    Today my phone told me it couldnt make/recieve calls and then died completely.

NOW it will not restore at all. it gets to where itunes tells me it is restoring then says it cannot be restored and an unknown error occured.

if i bring it to apple at this point can they see my jailbreak on the device?

when i connect it to the computer iphoto cannot see it.
    also, diskaid cannot see it.

so what can apple see.
    can i bring it in?

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Yes, you can bring it in.

If you can't restore it, then neither can they. And if they can't connect and get it operating, then they won't be able to determine it's been jailbroken either. Or at least, not quickly enough to do anything about it. Even if they eventually do find out at some point, you'll already have long walked out of the apple store with your shiny new replacement in hand.

Take it in, you should be fine.

3. sd2009 macrumors 6502

You'll be able to restore it. Google the error number. There's always a way ;)

4. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

hold home and power buttons for 10 secs, wait for apple logo... works everytime..

if it doesn't, google everything you can.. because they will probably know a way to get it to boot.. considering they deal with it all day..

5. vegas-steven thread starter macrumors regular

ive tried three times. it can enter DFU mode.
    i have a late model 2007 imac so i can get into DFU on this computer as well as the HP laptop i tried, and still goes to where the white progress bar below the apple logo is 100% full and then just sit there, with the message a few minutes later about cannot restore.

The phone then reboots and then shows the "connect to itunes screen" again.

6. vegas-steven thread starter macrumors regular

fwiw it is error number 1002.
    still cannot get it to kick back in.

called apple and have appt tonight. this is crap

7. naevity macrumors member

You may have already tried this, but hold down both the hold and home buttons on the iphone for like 2 minutes. Eventually you should see the "Connect to iTunes" picture appear on the screen. Plug it in and let iTunes do it's thing

8. vegas-steven thread starter macrumors regular

all is well. seems that even entering DFU and getting the apple loading bar will wipe the phone.
    this as per the apple store employee.