HELP! downloaded Sleepless and now annoying thing wont stop popping up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cdoan20, Feb 26, 2011.

1. cdoan20 macrumors newbie

I downloaded Sleepless onto my new macbook pro 13", then I deleted it but theres a small window that keeps popping up telling me to register for SleepLess.

It says : "Please, support shareware and register SleepLess for only $9.50. Select "Register..." item from SleepLess menu and click "Purchase..." button."

Please help!

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

there's obviously some part of the program still there. You'll need to search around to find it.

3. axu539 macrumors 6502a

Pull up console, and see what it says at the time you get the popups. It should tell you what process is causing it. Then, hunt down the file using spotlight and delete it. It's more than likely in application support or something. Maybe Launchdaemons.

4. cdoan20 thread starter macrumors newbie

It won't me delete it. I tried it all but it keeps saying it cant be deleted because it's still open.

5. axu539 macrumors 6502a

Well now that you know what it is, kill it in activity monitor, then try to delete it again. Or, if it's already in the trash, go to system preferences -> accounts and make sure it's not a login item, and just restart your computer. Then try to empty trash again. If it still refuses to empty, a secure empty trash will do the job.

Obviously, make sure it's the correct thing you're trying to delete. I'd suggest doing a backup before going through with deleting it.

6. cdoan20 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks alot! Acitivity Monitor was the right choice.