Help! Every app I download crashes immediately, even after restoring as new phone!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DeLoMan, Nov 24, 2009.

1. DeLoMan macrumors regular

The title says it all. Phone was working great last night, I downloaded Beejive and it worked great. Today I tried downloading an app and it would crash upon opening. I tried downloading a different app, same problem.

So...I restored my 3GS and set up as a new phone. Deleted all of my apps from my laptop before hand so it wouldn't transfer any corrupted files. Now that I have a fresh restore, I tried downloading the New York Times app. Same problem, crashes right after it opens.

Any suggestions? I even tried a new firmware file in case that somehow got corrupted. No dice.

Thanks in advance.

2. DeLoMan thread starter macrumors regular

FIXED! For other with this problem, go to Settings->Reset and erase everything on the phone. Use AppCleaner and uninstall iTunes completely. Re-download iTunes from Apple, install, and then plug in the iPhone. This completely fixed my problem!