Help get back my messages, contacts, photos and videos from my formatted iPad!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by C014ourt00, Sep 28, 2013.

1. C014ourt00 macrumors newbie

Help me please!
    I have been bothered by my iPad problem for days. A several days ago, I lost all my messages, contacts, photos and videos from my formatted iPad. I don’t really mean to format it. It is absolutely an accident! So, I come here and hope you can give me some advice to get them all back. Do you have any idea? Do you know how to get them back step by step?
    Thank you in advance!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Unless you have an iCloud or iTunes backup of your data, it's gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Celina0078 macrumors newbie

Yes, I also agree that you can restore them all from the iCloud or iTunes backup. It is always regard as the best way to go on.

But, if you have no any such backups, you may have to restore them directly from your iPad.

So, if you still want to get back your wanted data, you should act carefully as below:

1. Stop using this iPad right now in case that any new file on it may overwrite your deleted files.

2. Plunge this iPad to your computer so that you can start to retrieve your deleted data.

2. Download a data recovery program to retrieve all your lost files back. In these days, there are many data recovery programs designed to help the user restore his wanted data back easily. However, not all of them can work as efficiently as we hope. So, you are supposed to pay much more attention to it and select a most proper one for your drive.

But, if you still doubt, some data recovery freeware, which always works much more efficiently than some paid ones, can be your good choices, such as Recuva, TestDisk and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.

4. Do not save or back up all the restored data on the same iPad in case of any data loss.

Note: In the future, you should learn a lesson to back up everything important well in case of similar data recovery problems.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Data recovery programs do not work with iOS devices because they are not able to have direct access to the NAND hardware. Even if they could, when the OP restored his iPad it generated a new encryption key. Thus completely obliterating any chance he or she would have to get that data back.