Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

truffle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2003
When I installed OSX I erroniously selected the canadian keyboard type, which is french canadian.

I now have a menu which is always visible in the top menu bar. It shows a little US flag when I have US keyboard selected.

I can disable it for one login session by going to keyboard preferences and unchecking canadian as an option. But it returns the next time I log in.

Is there a way to permanently set my system to US-101 keyboard type.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
The menu should disappear permanantly, not just for one session. try repairing permissions before and/or after changing the preference-- sounds like it may not be saved correctly. alternately, there is a program called delocalizer that will remove specific localizations from your system and applications-- saves a ton on disk space too. it may help you in this case...

pnw

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Have you cleaned out both pieces of the International preferences? Both the language and keyboard preferences should be set only to U.S. English for what you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.