Help! How can i get my photos and vids back into the CAMERA ROLL?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by L4Leonard, Feb 4, 2012.

1. L4Leonard macrumors regular

L4Leonard

Help! Is there any way that i can get my pictures and .mov movies back into my camera roll? It seems like the iPhone can't read the .mov video format, even thou the movies were in that format when i backed them up!

2. connie jones macrumors newbie

I am also searching to find this question but still not find any satisfactory answer :confused:

3. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

By "back them up" what do you mean? Are you talking about an iCloud backup? iTunes backup?

Or... are you talking about what I think you are? Did you use open the camera roll in Windows and copy your camera roll to you computer?

If you did that, then you can't copy it back to the camera roll. The iPhone won't let you... camera roll access from a computer is 1 way. You can copy FROM it but not copy TO it.

But even then... you have your important pics backed up.... why do they need to be stored in your camera roll? Why not keep them stored on your computer, and if you need access to them from your phone, sync them into the Photos app with iTunes.

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Not clear, but I am guessing you have these pics and vids somewhere? But not on your phone? Is the rest of your phone working okay? Did you do backup?