HELP! I think 10.5.3 b0rked AirPort Utility - it won't detect my Time Capsule!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ravenvii, Jun 5, 2008.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I updated OS X to 10.5.3 today. I had to start up AirPort Utility to do some configuring on my Time Capsule, and it now says it detects no Apple devices. I am connected to my network no problems. I even disconnected and re-connected with no problems. But no matter how many times I hit Rescan, AirPort Utility refuses to detect my Time Capsule.

EDIT: I couldn't connect to the harddrive in the Time Capsule either - it says Connection Failed.

What should I do?

2. poisonapple macrumors member

I'm seeing the same thing, but I haven't had time to try to troubleshoot it yet :(

It will be interesting to see if this is wide spread.

3. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

its works for my dads macbook pro and my macbook :confused: thats an odd problem report it to apple or call applecare

4. poisonapple macrumors member

Update: I tried connecting to my Airport base station today using the Aiport utility and was able to connect no problem. When I tried last night, I was upstairs and farther away. Perhaps it's signal strength related. Or, more likely I was tired and didn't check the SSID I was attached to, and was actually connected to my neighbors network :eek::eek: ........ :D

5. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

Update: poisonapple, your first instinct seems to be correct. I had my Time Capsule at 10% strength. When I hooked my laptop up to the Time Capsule via ethernet, it was detected no problems. I tried increasing the signal strength to 25%, and now it worked with no problems.

Seems Apple for some reason increased the signal strength requirement for configuring the AirPort.