HELP! I too am super smart and dropped my phone in H2O

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AngelinaC, Nov 2, 2008.

1. AngelinaC macrumors newbie

Nov 2, 2008
    Edmonton, AB
    #1 it wasn't the toilet (thank gawd!) but it was still water!

I was actually going to put it out of the away on my windowsill where I always put it. Unfortunately I had a bowl of soaking pumpkin seeds in it and sure enough it slipped right out of my hand and into the bowl of seeds :(

So thankfully it seems like everything is working EXCEPT the earpiece. It seems to be stuck thinking the earphones are plugged in.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

I currently have the sim card pulled out and have the phone sitting in front of a fan hoping this will help.

HELP please :)
  2. jlake02 macrumors 68020

Nov 2, 2008
    Ugh! :(

Definitely try it out. Beyond that, I'm not sure.

Best of luck!
  3. getatkyill macrumors regular

Oct 10, 2008
    Taunton, MA
    My friend once dropped her iPod in water and then put it in a bowl of rice and I'm guessing it sucked up all the water then after wards it worked perfect!

I know you have an iPhone but same concept should work, give it a go :)

Oh by the way, do you have insurance on your phone?
  4. kunze50 macrumors regular

Nov 13, 2007
    Victoria, BC
    I had an iPod nano go through the wash and dryer. It did not function after. I let it sit for a month and tried it out again to find it worked as good as new.
  5. AngelinaC thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 2, 2008
    Edmonton, AB
    It worked! Thanks for the help!

I left it in front of the fan for about an hour give or take and it works! Yay me!

As for insurance on my phone no I don't have...should I?
  6. Xenophos macrumors newbie

Nov 1, 2008
    That really depends on whether you consider it worth the cost compared to potential risks. A couple of years of insurance is cheaper than a new phone. I do have it, but I'm guessing many/most don't use it.