HELP!!! I want to ERASE Lion and RESTORE my SNOW LEOPARD, BUT

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by maliblue, Nov 12, 2012.

1. maliblue macrumors newbie

then I discovered my Apple Time Capsule had died!!!!:eek:

I called Apple and they told me to take it in the the Apple store, who (genius) told me to take it to MacMall, that Apple doesn't do data recovery. :apple:

From the Mac Mall data recovery, files, I think I found the last Snow Leopard backup file.
    I am worried about doing anything because the"Senior Tech" at Apple (phone support) said I would have to "drag and drop" the files ?..? :confused:

Another "Senior Tech" said I would have to boot up with the Snow Leopard disk first then do ? . . ?:confused:

I am desperate I must have access to all my old Appleworks spreadsheet files for taxes, my database mail merge for my ten page leases. etc. I never saw anywhere that Lion would not support all those previous files. :eek:

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE EXACT PROCEDURE I SHOULD FOLLOW ?
    I AM TERRIFIED OF MAKING A MISTAKE ! :confused::confused:

Also, I would like to make a bootable backup when I am done and I have been told to use Super Duper?

2. Edie Brickell macrumors member

If you are asking for data recovery from time capsule, I don’t think so it is possible however if you are looking for a good data recovery software then data rescue, stellar phoenix mac,disk drill is for you. If you want to make a bootable backup of your drive you can use superduper,CCC,stellar Drive Clone.