Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

actripxl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2002
Chicago, IL
Ok guys im still new to the mac, so im stuck with my ibook not being able to boot. I installed Vampire: the masquerade on and tried it in classic mode and worked without a hitch. Then I decide to try it on OS9 and it worked last night but when I tried to boot up my computer today all i get is the image of a folder with a question mark and the two face image switching among themselves.

altair

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2002
Seattle, WA
Re: Help Ibook wont boot

Originally posted by actripxl
Ok guys im still new to the mac, so im stuck with my ibook not being able to boot. I installed Vampire: the masquerade on and tried it in classic mode and worked without a hitch. Then I decide to try it on OS9 and it worked last night but when I tried to boot up my computer today all i get is the image of a folder with a question mark and the two face image switching among themselves.

DOUGH!! Do you have your 'Restore' Disks?

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
Boot from an OS 9 CD (insert it, then hold down 'c' at startup). When you get to the desktop, if your HD doesn't show up, run Disk First Aid from the CD. That should fix it. If it does appear, drag 'Finder' And 'System' out of the System Folder. Drop them on the desktop, then put them back into System Folder. Make sure you select X (or 9) on your HD in the Startup disk control panel, and restart.

actripxl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2002
Chicago, IL
Thanks for the info, will try that as soon as I can especially since now I have to use my brother's PC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.