Help! iPad fell off desk during 6.9 earthquake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesuvio Cat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
Everything was shaking and unfortunately I had to get my son outside while the iPad was left to fend for itself. Do you think the Apple store will fix the broken screen?

Nintendolinky

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2008
unfortunately I had to get my son outside
I think it would have been fortunate you did get your son outside, I also think Apple wont help, and you will have to pay to get it repaired, as the screen is not covered under apple care.

Avenger

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2007
Everything was shaking and unfortunately I had to get my son outside while the iPad was left to fend for itself. Do you think the Apple store will fix the broken screen?
Do you have home insurance that would pay for property damage from an earthquake?

cualexander

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I would try anyhow. There were cases where the geniuses replaced iPhones damaged by accident. Stranger things have happened. I remember years ago, Best Buy replaced a pocketpc for me that I had accidentally broke. They basically told me they knew it was my fault, but they would replace it anyhow.

mhdena

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2009
You do know that running outside is not the thing do don't you?:eek:

Cloudane

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Sweet Apple Acres
I'm glad your son got the correct priority in real life, at least :eek:

Unfortunately I doubt its covered by anything, even insurance, due to being "act of God" (I'm not religious; it's an actual insurance term)

Vesuvio Cat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
I'm just joking. LOL. I would never think getting my son outside was an unfortunate burden. It was a big earthquake, however, and the next thing I did was to check on my iPad. Nothing was broken. Belated April Fool's joke.
;)

Vesuvio Cat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
We felt it pretty good here in San Diego, especially on the hills above Mission Valley. And actually, going outside is the best choice in certain circumstances, such as when you live in a stilted house with a big open backyard.

Ganesha

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2009
We felt it pretty good here in San Diego, especially on the hills above Mission Valley. And actually, going outside is the best choice in certain circumstances, such as when you live in a stilted house with a big open backyard.
And you don't have a tile roof. Back in the 1989 quake near SF one of my neighbors ran outside and got knocked out by a falling roof tile.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I call ********.

EDIT: Read the WHOLE thread before replying.

ckorhonen

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2008
NYC
Did you buy the iPad using an American Express card? If so you should be covered against loss and accidental damage for 90 days - give them a call, answer a few questions and they will credit the money back on your card.

Mitchrapp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2010
I'm just joking. LOL. I would never think getting my son outside was an unfortunate burden. It was a big earthquake, however, and the next thing I did was to check on my iPad. Nothing was broken. Belated April Fool's joke.
;)
Yeah nice one and I was about to buy you a replacement. Oh well.

poe8

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2010
Har har. If an earthquake really shook your iPad off a desk and it broke, you probably have much bigger problems to worry about.

macatak911

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
Things like this are the reasons I love American Express...

Embedded Protection - Just use your Card and Purchase Protection protects eligible purchases against accidental damage or theft for up to 90 days from the date of purchase.

Extend Your Warranty - Extended Warranty will extend the terms of the original U.S. manufacturer's warranty for up to one additional year on eligible purchases with warranties of 5 years or less, when the purchase is charged to the Card.

Cloudane

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Sweet Apple Acres
;)
LOL sorry fair enough, it just wouldn't surprise me on this forum really - I don't think much would :)

this is why new york=win

no natural disasters!!!
Pretty much why I like the UK despite all its little quirks, ripoffs, evil media and dodgy government. Clarkson said it best, I don't know the wording but something like: "wherever else in the world you go you're constantly worrying about tornados, earthquakes, tsunamis, snakes, spiders, epidemics, religious wars, evil dictators... at least you're fairly safe from them all here!"

Status
Not open for further replies.