Help! iPad Videos not showing categories, can't see movies

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Karnivore, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Karnivore macrumors 6502

Karnivore

I've downloaded and converted few movies using Handbrake with iPad presets. I was able to import them into iTunes and when I connected iPad to sync I went to Movies tab and selected "Sync Movies" option then selected movies I wanted to transfer. It took a while to copy them over and I KNOW they are somewhere on iPad since my available disk space dropped accordingly.

However, when I open Videos app on iPad I can not see them! I can not see any categories other then TV Shows displaying, couple of cartoons I purchased in iTunes. I can not find a menu to switch to a different category. Please help!

2. Karnivore thread starter macrumors 6502

Karnivore

3. Capt T macrumors 6502a

Open the video app, up at the top in the center it should say movies TV shows. Tap where it says movies and it should switch to your movies list/ grid.

4. Karnivore thread starter macrumors 6502

Karnivore

As I said in OP, I am not seeing any categories other then TV shows.

5. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

I have seen this happen to me from time to time and I'm not sure what I do to fix it.
    I have about 4 movies and 5 TV shows and sometimes it will only show 1 TV Show.
    I would say to do a power reset (completely turn off and on).

6. Karnivore thread starter macrumors 6502

Karnivore

I ended up unchecking TV Shows in iTunes and re-syncing. Now my movies show up, but still I can't see other categories. What a buggy POS.

7. cmalave macrumors newbie

After syncing cant see movies on ipad

On computer iTunes do "control click" over the movies
    You will see Add to playlist & Show on playlist
    For every movie you have to say "purchased on (name) iPad"

Once you do that, re sync movies to iPad and they will show on your iPod library.

8. disundat macrumors newbie

Worked for me: converted a movie AND finally found it on the ipad

I had the same issue: I could see the movie in my library but not on my ipad after I sync'd. I knew I had a movie that was in an ipad compatible format. I looked everywhere on the ipad including under the "Videos" app (the icon on my ipad is blue and it looks like a movie clapper).

I followed the steps noted throughout this forum:
    • On the computer iTunes, right-click on the movie
    • From the popup menu select "Add to playlist"
    • From the next popup menu select "Purchased on ... iPad"
    • Resync computer to ipad
    • Reboot the ipad
    • To find the movie on the ipad, search for the movie's filename
    • I found my missing movie in the "Videos" app (it was not under the Ipod library)

PS To convert I used Handbrake and VLC (the 32bit versions) which have an ipad preset. Conversion was easy but took about 1 hour.

Thanks for the good help.