HELP!! iphone 4s wont respond!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kailibur, Oct 26, 2012.

1. kailibur macrumors member

i activated this iphone 4s at christmas last year. today, i was in the car, parked, checked something on the phone (weather app, i am camping this weekend), got out, went to pick up my brother from school, tried to send him a text, but the phone would not leave the music app screen, no matter what button i pushed. i figured it was the cold weather, and decided to try to use it later. but when i looked later the screen was black, no response to any buttons, even plugging it into itunes didnt do anything. i have tried restoring it twice, to no prevail. and no, i did not putt it in DFU mode or go crazy hitting buttons, hitting each button at most 3 times. this phone is how i manage everything in my life, and it is crucial i get it working. any help?

2. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

plugging it in didn't even do anything? Looks like your battery died.

3. kailibur thread starter macrumors member

sorry, this is my fault for not saying it earlier, but it was at 78% in the car. do you mean it was a false battery signal or the battery is permanently ka-put and needs to be replaced?

4. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

meaning the battery might have gotten unplugged somehow, the interface stopped working, or both. Apple will have to take a look at it.

5. trozau macrumors regular

trozau

Did you try plugging it in to the A/C power and pressing home and sleep button at the same time and holding it?