Help! iPhone 5 is acting up.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Oranges&Lemons, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Oranges&Lemons macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. I bought my iphone 5 on Christmas day. Yesterday was the third time this has happened where I have been out and about and had plenty of battery left, and then all of a sudden it switches off, and when I try switch it back on, it acts as if it has no battery with the red battery picture showing. Yet when I get home and connect it to the charger it turns on and has the same amount of battery it had previously, as if nothing had happened.

Anyone got any ideas as to whats going on? I'm in the UK, and tomorrow will be the 90th day I have had it, I don't have Apple care or insurance, what could I do?

Thanks guys.

2. simply stunning macrumors regular

Do you have an apple store near you? This would be something covered under your normal warranty, and Apple Care would not be needed. Just take it in and explain. If you don't have a store near you, then you can call up apple, and they should ship you a new one, and then you send them the old one back.

I say "should" as that is the way it is here in the US. Not sure if it is different in the UK. I have taken in an 3GS, iPhone4, iPhone4S. Each with different problems. One of them was for to many unusual dropped calls in areas that I had never had problems before. That was the only "hard" replacement I had as I couldn't replicate the problem in the apple store.

Just make a genius appointment if you have a store near you, or call up apple if you don't. Explain the problem, and stay calm. You shouldn't have a problem getting a replacement.