[HELP] iPhone BATTERY FROM 100% TO 0 IN 1H

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EarthNeutron, Nov 15, 2011.

1. EarthNeutron macrumors regular

EarthNeutron

Help! I'm using an iPhone 3GS bought in july 2010. Had no battery issues at ALL! not even on iOS 5. I've upgrade to 5.0.1 for a week i think and had no issues till now whatsoever. Last night my iPhone's battery was low so i had to charge it. I left it plugged in all night and in the morning I unplugged it (the battery showed 100%)...left it like that for about 40 min and when i came back my iPhone was turned off and when i tried turning it on again it showed my that low battery message. WTF?

UPDATE: I plugged my iPhone again and after charging up to 100% and being unplugged it lost 30% battery in about 20min.

What the fu:apple:k?

Since i don't live in the US but instead I live in a country where we don't have Apple Stores, I had to go to Orange Shop to tell them what my issue was. They told me that they cannot change my phone with a new one, just send it to a service which will leave me for almost one month without my iPhone.

WTFFFFFFF is to be done?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Restore your phone and set up as new and see if that resolves your issue.

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Also, consider that your battery may be actually dying.

I had to replace my 3G battery about 2 years after I bought it. Sometimes it happens.

The reason I'm more inclined to believe that is that all the OS 5 problems seem to be cutting battery life by 30% or maybe even 50%. But I haven't heard of anyone else having it cut by 90%. That suggests a hardware problem to me more than a software one.

But yeah, try restoring first. But if that fails you may want to search for those companies that replace batteries. They're not that expensive, considering what it gets you.

4. dtbratt macrumors 6502

dtbratt

99% sure it is the battery. The exact same thing has happen to me when I had my 3GS. Would fully charge it and leave it on my desk to find that it is shut off.

Replaced the battery and fixed the problem.

5. LTMK macrumors member

Time to change the battery man... it shouldn't get worse like this mode.. but I believe you have used it for 2 yrs with the original battery.... its time to change... cannot blame anyone man

6. Vladislav macrumors regular

Hey thats wrong, i used my 3G for over 3 years, since july 2008, and my battery still OK, so his battery should be still fine

7. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Yes, because all iPhone batteries are actually clones of each other, so this makes total sense!

8. EarthNeutron thread starter macrumors regular

EarthNeutron

UPDATE

I've restored my iPhone and set it up as a new phone, disabled iCloud and all that iShit. Been like 3-4 hours and the battery remained at 91%.

Guess it was a software issue after all. Now I'm even more pissed at Apple than before, for allowing such thing to happen.

PS: During my battery draining crysis i had no apps running in the background so there is no way a 3rd party app could've cause that.