Help! iPhone speakers not working, don't want to loose JB so need to remove JB lol

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by digitalduck, Jun 7, 2013.

1. digitalduck macrumors regular

Ok, so my speaker has not worked for about three days ive tried the q-tip method, pressing the bottom right of the phone method....hard reset, (and yes...the mute switch is not on) lol....ive even removed mobile substrate just in case it was a tweak...

I'm on 6.1.2 and don't want to loose JB so (if apple can just fix it and not replace it) i need to completely remove the JB before taking it in...any other suggestions? and if not what is safest non detectable method of removing JB before to genius bar..?

Thanks in advance!!!

2. b2051758, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013

b2051758 macrumors newbie

Hi,

JB probably wont effect the sound, but try disabling all cydia add ons by entering safe mode to see if it works.
    To enter manually into Safe Mode-> Turn off you device. Boot it again by holding the Power button and the Home button together. Once the Apple logo appears, press and hold the Volume Up button till it turns on.

If the sound works, its a dodgy cydia tweak/app but I doubt it.

Depending on the phone, you can get a replacement dock connector for about a £5, search ebay, which will include the speaker. You could have a look at instructions online and replace yourself? That's only if you're good with this kinda stuff, if not i'd leave well alone. Entirely at your own risk of course.

If you don't feel like doing that, only way is repair by apple I'm afraid. I'm thinking a restore should get rid of the JB but you'll have to double check that, I'm not 100% sure. Make sure you save ssh blobs using tiny umbrella first incase you need to downgrade.