Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clongan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
Hi everyone, sorry to bother you all, but i really need some help, Im DESPERATE!

The problem is that my iphone has a complete black screen. I searched over the forum to see if i was able to fix the issue. The problem is that on the results i found, they always say that the iphone is not recognized, well, mine it is recognized by itunes, but i try to do the reset, holding power and home, waiting and everything, and itunes says that it needs to be restored, but does not let me restore it, gets me an error. So I dont know what else to do, please help me out!

clongan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
Yes, I tried that also, and the problem is that the Iphone is recognized in Itunes, so i do that, dissapears from itunes devices, and appears again and asks for restore, but the screen is completely black, and when try to restore, i receive error =/

clongan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
Yes, i did made the steps to put it into DFU Mode, but still the screen is completely black, and i dont mean to say that you see the Iphone as if it is Turned off, i say is Black =/

clongan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
yes, that's it. is black but still recognized by itunes and everything

upaymeifixit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2009
Have you tried it on another computer yet? What error do you get? If you hold it under a light can you see anything?

clongan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
already hold it under a light, and nothing xD, not even a little shadow. if i connect it to another computer, it is the same.

clongan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
ok when the iphone is recongnize ( still with the black screen ) the trying to restore it in itunes it gives me this error: The IPhone "Iphone" could not be restored. This Device isn't eligible for the requested build.

That the message after trying to restore the iphone to 3.1.2

If this helps, i have the latest Itunes 9, I've heard that to install Itunes mmm 7.5 I believe, but I don't know if it'll work with this big issue i'm getting.

clongan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
mmmm I dont think so, because if it was the battery, there would not be any black screen since there is no power (maybe), maybe is more of a screen issue or, it is possessed.

codenamecueball

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2009
mmmm I dont think so, because if it was the battery, there would not be any black screen since there is no power (maybe), maybe is more of a screen issue or, it is possessed.

no the battery just can't hold a charge or just has some kind of damage

upaymeifixit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2009
Has it ever been jailbroken? Has the iPhone always been named "iphone"? Or was it just like that in DFU mode?

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
ok when the iphone is recongnize ( still with the black screen ) the trying to restore it in itunes it gives me this error: The IPhone "Iphone" could not be restored. This Device isn't eligible for the requested build.

That the message after trying to restore the iphone to 3.1.2

If this helps, i have the latest Itunes 9, I've heard that to install Itunes mmm 7.5 I believe, but I don't know if it'll work with this big issue i'm getting.

Are you on a 3gs? If so, you can't restore to 3.1.2. Try restoring to 3.1.3.

clongan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
So i need to restore to 3.1.3???
The problem is that I dont have a contract with At&T or anything like that, so i need to jailbreak the Iphone jejeje, and I think the 3.1.3 you can't Jailbreak it yet...

clongan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
Yes i already have the restore of the 3.1.2 on my Desktop, the problem is that Itunes says it is not possible or something like that :S:S:S

clongan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
People! I fix the Problem, My Iphone is Working! I Cannot believe I'm SO Happy right now!

Just for the information, what i did was to connect the Itunes, and Itunes downloaded the 3.1.3 (Which i thought that I would not be able to use it ), But after restoring it the Iphone just turned on, I inserted the Sim Card and It is Working ! OMG!

clongan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
It is a contract with my telephone company, in Costa Rica, but we don't have At&t, actually I don't know why it is working XD but it is, good enough for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.