HELP! iTunes/iPhone Database Messed Up - iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by teknikal90, Oct 6, 2014.

1. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

Okay. I'm pretty darn close to violence on my mac keyboard so...please help? :) ha.

Problem: I have around 50gb of music on my iTunes. I bought the latest and greatest iPhone (128gb) so I can fit all of my songs on there.

Now, everything synced up fine and I loved it. Then last night, I plugged my iPhone into iTunes and they did their thing. I saw they were syncing up artwork into my phone, about 450 of them. Fine.

This morning, I woke up and played some tunes, THE SAME TUNES i was playing the night before.... and they wouldn't play! When I select the song, it would immediately skip to the next one, and the song on on the Music app would be greyed out!

So, I synced the iPhone to my computer again (by the way, syncing on itunes sucks now.... I had an iPod and syncs used to take a few seconds, not the 15 minutes it now takes as it's 'waiting for changes to apply'....... what the heck is that??)

Didn't work.

So, I researched online a bit, and they said to resync all my songs. I reluctantly agreed. I unticked sync music on iTunes, and reticked.. and waiting the hour and a bit that it took to do its thing. Guess what, last night's tunes worked!...but then another album exhibited the same problem! songs would skip, and the song would then grey out. WTF

So.... I did another untick 'Sync Music'... but this time, i went to my iTunes library folder under users on my Mac, copied the iTunes Music folder to another directory, deleted all of the songs on my itunes, then reimported the iTunes folder (File --> add to library). and resynced my iphone. Thinking, SURELY, this would fix all of my problems.

Another hour later....NOPE. still having the same issue, each time with a different set of songs.

Note though, that the songs I seem to be having issues with, are not songs i purchased off itunes on my phone, they're all my CD imports. Not 100% positive, but that's the trend I'm noticing.

So now I'm lost, with a $1,100 piece of crap music player. Honectly, why can't they be like everyone else and rely on drag and drop of music files from Finder?

Help??? Please?

Thank you in advance.

tek

2. teknikal90 thread starter macrumors 68030

teknikal90

3. teknikal90 thread starter macrumors 68030

teknikal90

heeeelp :( going on a work trip soon...dont have an ipod anymore... :(

4. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

I think you should restore your phone back to factory specs and set it up as new on 8.02. It might be a software glitch?

5. teknikal90 thread starter macrumors 68030

teknikal90

did that like 2 weeks ago when i got the iphone 6.
    this is so frustrating :(

6. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

I would try it again, just to be sure and if it doesn't work, take it in to Apple to see if they can help

7. teknikal90 thread starter macrumors 68030

teknikal90

thanks. not the solution i'd like haha as that will undoubtedly set me back another 3 hours... but will report what happens.

annoying that this happened because i decided it would be a good idea to plug my iphone into my computer.
    not sure if ill do that again from now on.

8. JoeTomasone macrumors 6502

Same issue here; haven't found a foolproof solution yet, including restoring.

9. teknikal90 thread starter macrumors 68030

teknikal90

Finally found a workable solution (after HOURS of research... really disappointed in Apple. This errors been here since early 2013)

1. Download iFunBox
    2. Navigate to the iPhone Raw File System and delete all contents of the Purchases folder.
    3. Close itunes
    4. turn off phone and turn back on
    5. sync itunes and resync a few times.

all should be good from there on (works for me so far). saved me having to have to restore the phone as new again.