Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DWS1187

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
Kinston, NC
I am using a LG 24MA32D (LED-LCD HDTV) as a main display connected (via HDMI to Thunderbolt) to my MacBook Pro Early 2011 15'' in clamshell mode.

:(My problem: When the MacBook Pro decides to put the display to sleep, the TV will constantly loop from "Entering Power Save Mode" to "Connecting to PC." I cannot figure any settings to change this behavior, other than turning off the Energy Saver prefs for display sleep. Also, if you decide to move the mouse during this loop ~99% of the time the MacBook Pro will go to sleep....:eek:

I am at a loss here. What is the best solution? :apple:

Thanks

DWS1187

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
Kinston, NC
Update: I found a disk in the packaging. It has drivers for running the TV as a monitor....for Windows.
I tried searching on LG's website, but they have hardly any information on this particular TV.
This is all they have: http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-24MA32D-PU
That's not very helpful....
Here are my current options: (1)Turn off Energy Saver in Settings and or (2)Turn off TV manually
There is an option to connect via VGA, but that would not give me audio and 1080p.
Any opinions?

UPDATE: Sold the 24MA32D and bought a 'real' monitor... works flawlessly.... :apple:

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.