Help! Lost all my photos!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by handsomelife, Nov 1, 2012.

1. handsomelife macrumors member

So today I was trying to update my iOS 6.0.1 and once the download had finished the update failed and I was forced to restore to a back up.

Ok fine, so I did this but I've lost all my messages/photos/notes

I still have apps/contacts but no photos.

Any idea how I can get these back?? I've tried restoring to my most recent back up a couple of times now and they never come back :(

Thanks

2. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

The photos should be in the most recent backup you are restoring from, unless you took the photos since then, or your phone has not been able to do a recent backup because you do not have enough iCloud space, or possibly you set up the iCloud backup to not include photos (not good).

Your only other option is if you had Photo Stream enabled, in which case the photos will be in Photo Stream in iCloud and you can download them onto a computer and sync them back onto your phone via iTunes.

Photo Stream provides a useful extra photo backup if your iOS backup doesn't work for whatever reason.

3. handsomelife thread starter macrumors member

The photos don't restore as part of the most recent backup, I have no idea why! I backup to my laptop, not iCloud, and I've disabled photo stream.

4. LoloBond macrumors 6502

If you backup to your computer they should restore... if you have everything disable i'm sorry to say you can kiss good bye to those pics.