HELP lost stock apps in the upgrade process to 3.0 from 2.2.1 Jailbroke iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Messi14, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Messi14 macrumors newbie

I had a Jailbroken iPhone 3G that I was using for the past couple of weeks or so awaiting the arrival of the new software. I had most of my stock iPhone apps (calendar, clock, camera, photos etc.) in a folder through categories, and when I upgraded to the 3.0 software all of the apps left in the category are now erased from my phone.

Does anyone have any idea if there is a way to fix this any possible help is welcome.

2. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

I can't tell you how to fix, I'm sure one of the more technically advanced users can. But I can tell you your problem: Jailbroken.

It never ceases to amaze me that people who do things contrary to the suggested use of the phone then have problems with said unsuggestedd use.

3. mrtune macrumors 6502a

Did you do an upgrade or a restore?

If you did an upgrade, try a restore. It's a better way to remove stuff that you did while jailbroken. I had hidden apps and different things on mine. Restoring brought everything back for me.

4. Messi14 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea I restored and then preceded to upgrade, but im in the process of restoring again to an older backup to see if anything changes.

Thanks for the quick replies.

5. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

This happened to me too, as I upgrade from 2.2.1 jailbroken. I just went to Settings>General>Restore, and did Restore Settings. It gave me back all of my hidden icons.*

6. mrtune macrumors 6502a

If all else fails, restore it as a new phone and not from a backup. You'll have to re-sync everything and redo all your settings from scratch, but it will work for sure.

7. jstigall macrumors newbie

Simply reset the home icons from the settings application.

8. Messi14 thread starter macrumors newbie

Its not the home icons that are missing its the whole default app that is missing sorry for the misunderstanding. Just did a restore from a earlier backup today and no differance... will just have to restore as a whole new phone I guess.

Thanks for the help