Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LiamHD

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2014
I have two 2.5 inch laptop SATA drives that I needed data off of, so I pulled out bays 2 and 3 and plugged in my two drives. My Mac Pro doesn't show up the two extra drives only my offical Apple 340GB and my Supedrive. What is the problem as I really need the drive data?

EDIT:- both drives have copies of windows on them.

MacProCard

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2014
I have two 2.5 inch laptop SATA drives that I needed data off of, so I pulled out bays 2 and 3 and plugged in my two drives. My Mac Pro doesn't show up the two extra drives only my offical Apple 340GB and my Supedrive. What is the problem as I really need the drive data?

EDIT:- both drives have copies of windows on them.

You might have to attach them first to a windows box. Windows will ask you if you want to make the information accessible.

LiamHD

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2014
You might have to attach them first to a windows box. Windows will ask you if you want to make the information accessible.

The reason I am using my MP to get the data off the drives is because they don't boot, one was from a past laptop and the other was new but got screwed over by a Windows 8.1 install going wrong. So they both don't boot on my windows laptop.

MacProCard

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2014
The reason I am using my MP to get the data off the drives is because they don't boot, one was from a past laptop and the other was new but got screwed over by a Windows 8.1 install going wrong. So they both don't boot on my windows laptop.

Unless they're encrypted, you should be able to connect them via usb to a working box with windows. Follow the prompts and you have your data.

Your files are protected by the Windows OS so you'll need a working Window OS to get them back for you.

LiamHD

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2014
Unless they're encrypted, you should be able to connect them via usb to a working box with windows. Follow the prompts and you have your data.

Your files are protected by the Windows OS so you'll need a working Window OS to get them back for you.

Okay thanks. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.