help me choose a new 24" monitor!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ibizarocks, Jul 26, 2009.

1. ibizarocks macrumors regular

Hey guys. I'm searching for a new 24" monitor (in the UK) to go with my last gen MBP 2.5 Penryn machine. I am currently entering my 3rd year of graphic design and last year I found it very frustrating at times using my 15" MBP screen due to the lack of space. My course covers everything across screen and print based design and I want a monitor that is going to give me decent performance without breaking my bank account. Also an HDMI connection would be an added bonus to use with my PS3.

In my price range I know all I'm going to be able to afford is a TN panel, I know this isn't something that will give me good colour reproduction on screen but with regards to print based design I would use a pantone book anyway.

So far the two monitors I've been looking at are the:

Samsung Syncmaster T240
    BenQ V2400M

Has anyone had any good or even bad experiences with these? Can anyone recommend any other monitors I really should be looking at or ones that are on the horizon that are worth the wait?

My top end budget is £300 but I'd like to be within the price range of the monitors I've mentioned. I have looked at the Apple 24" display for macbooks but I don't think I could wait for the DVI - MDP adapter to come out if it ever does and I don't think a glossy screen is the best thing for my needs.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys throw my way!

2. ibizarocks thread starter macrumors regular

3. ibizarocks thread starter macrumors regular

4. kumbaya macrumors regular

All you ever need or want to know about choosing an LCD

Check out this link. It's awesome!

Looks like a BenQ G2400WD for you.

:):apple:

PS Do let us know what you chose in the end and how you like it.

5. Jackers008 macrumors member