All iPads Help me choose my birthday present? (Ipad Air 32 or Ipad Air 2 64)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macmahon70, May 8, 2015.

1. macmahon70 macrumors member

macmahon70

Hello,

I am hesitating to choose from these two versions of Ipad. I would have gone for the Ipad Air 64 but they are difficult to find. My previous Ipad was an Ipad 3 64gb and I backed it up before selling it. The price point is quite high for Ipad Air 2 64 and I believe that I can live with 32Gb after deleting some apps from my backup. I am mostly streaming (Netflix) and I could put a few TV shows on it (Itunes). I am playing a few game apps (Real Racing, Hearthstone) and I would like to be able to read Ebooks or online magazines. I would appreciate your tips (my birthday is Sunday!).

PS: Is the Ipad Mini less prone to screen breaking than the Ipads in general? I had two Ipads and their screen always broke at one point.

Many thanks,

Olivier

2. quadchick10 macrumors member

quadchick10

I suggest that you buy yourself the iPad Air 2. I have the Air 2 128 and I am VERY impressed with it! Now, I have the perfect tablet#

3. BruiserBear macrumors 6502a

Did your iPad screens break because you dropped them? I doubt any iPad would be less prone to breaking than any other. They all seem pretty durable, as long as they're not dropped harshly.

4. Ev0d3vil macrumors 6502

The 2gb ram is worth it. Now it's less annoying when Safari doesn't refresh tabs as much.

5. macmahon70 thread starter macrumors member

macmahon70

Thank you but I think I will go for the Ipad Air 1 64Gb cellular- my Ipad3 was cellular and it is always a plus, even if I may not use it very much. It is more or less sold at the same price.

6. Ev0d3vil macrumors 6502

Trust me. Go for the 2, its annoying with safari tab refreshes on 1gb of ram. I went from a 4 to an air 2 and the difference is wow. FYI the 4 has only a 32bit processor.

7. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

You say the price is too high for Air 2 then you should be happy with Air 1. :apple:

8. Jason Lewis Suspended

Jason Lewis

I think iPad Air 2 is better, the difference between the Air 2 and Air 3 is not obvious, but I think the larger storage is better

9. Uofmtiger macrumors 68000

Uofmtiger

I would get the Air 2 and use your phone as a hotspot instead ( if possible). The extra RAM, better screen, faster processor, and Touch ID are worth it.

10. af21187 macrumors 6502

You ask us to pick between iPad Air / Air 2 for you, then you say the price point is high for Air 2. Tell us what you are willing to pay and we will churn out an answer.

A brand new Air 2 64GB can be found for $499 w/ no tax if you join a deal-seeking website and set up an alert for Air 2 for eBay.

11. ChinaRye macrumors 6502

ChinaRye

Yeah, the increased RAM was the major reason why I upgraded to the Air 2 from the Air.