Help Me Create a Great Toy Story Costume: Woody & Buzz Lightyear

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by HappyDude20, Sep 26, 2010.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

My son's birthday is coming up and thought it be a good idea to dress up as his favorite movie (currently) which is Toy Story. I've gotten a friend to agree to do it too so him & I will be woody and buzz....

...However.

Upon visiting numerous Halloween stores we've discovered that the Toy Story costumes they sell all suck. The material is that thin nylon or polyester or whatever it is...all overpriced. We found a few costumes between $80-$150 but even the higher priced ones looked pretty lame. For example, Woody's vest was printed on the costume; woody's sheriff badge was also printed on the costume!

My buddy and I are now considering making the costumes from scratch; purchasing the sheriff badge and buzz' wings at these halloween stores...but getting creative and making the costumes look top notch.

This is where I thought the powers of the internet and anyone reading this could hopefully point us in the right direction.

& i'm talking details here with the costume. A finely stitched vest for woody, boots with spurs, nice brown cowboy hat- buzz' chest w/ buttons, light up laser forearm, buzz' wings etc.

:D

Please, I'm all ears.

2. geekgirl macrumors regular

Start at Goodwill or the Salvation Army for the vest, shirt, jeans, hat, and boots.

Have you checked instructables.com to see if anyone has instructions up for these costumes?

Above all - Have fun!!!!