Help Me Find a Movie (about people in the woods that find immortality-giving water)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by scem0, Nov 18, 2008.

1. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Hey Boys and Girls –

First off, Hello to everyone who remembers me :).

Quick question. I'm trying to find a movie for my boyfriend, who said that he saw three quarters of a movie as a child and never saw the last quarter, and has had his eye out for this movie for the past 20 years but has never found it. He doesn't know anything about the movie other than some loose plot points, so he's had difficulty searching.

The movie is about people (he may have said adolescents, or even children?) that live in the woods, and they find water which makes them immortal. That's the basic plot. He remembers one scene specifically where there is a turtle dying (in a field, I believe), and they don't want this turtle to die so they either attempt or succeed at giving the turtle this water of immortality.

I know that's very vague, and I apologize. But it would make me very happy to be able to give him this movie for our upcoming anniversary :p.

Thanks Macrumors,
    Emerson

2. HSTRIP macrumors member

HSTRIP

If he can remember some more detail, like a character name or something you could try searching on here,

http://www.imdb.com/

3. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

It's called Tuck Everlasting:
    I linked to the version which was released in 1981, which is probably the one he saw. There was also a remake that was released in 2002.

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

5. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I've never actually seen the original one. I only saw the remake, from a few years back, so I was uncertain about whether it was the same movie that he saw 20 years ago until I figured out it was in fact a remake.

6. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

Perfect! Thanks guys! He'll really appreciate this (And I do, too!) :).

- Emerson

7. 7on macrumors 601

7on

8. BlackSnow macrumors regular

BlackSnow

It wasn't that good. Sad, yes but not all that good.